GAME: Houston Texans (3-5) at Cincinnati Bengals (8-0)
Date/Time: Monday, November 16, 8:30 p.m.
Location: Paul Brown Stadium
Series Leader: Bengals lead, 4-3
Streak: Texans have won three of the past four
Coaches vs. Opponent: Marvin Lewis: 3-5 (including playoffs). Bill O'Brien: 0-1
TV Broadcast: ESPN (8:30 PM ET): Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden.
Radio Broadcast: Bengals radio network. SIRIUS: 88 (WW1), 83 (Hou.), 93 (Cin.). XM: 88 (WW1), 225 (Hou.), 226 (Cin.).
SB Nation: Battle Red Blog (@BattleRedBlog)
Weather: 53 degrees and partly cloudy [Weather Underground]
Uniform: Orange shirts, white pants
Odds: Bengals are 13 point favorites [SB Nation]
Referee: Walt Coleman
- The Bengals are 8-0 for the first time in franchise history.
- Last week, quarterback Andy Dalton completed 21 of 27 (77.8 pct.) passes for 234 yards with three touchdowns and a 139.8 passer rating (2nd-highest of career).
- Dalton has a passer rating of 115+ in six of his past eight games overall.
- In his only career meeting against the Texans, running back Jeremy Hill generated 96 yards from scrimmage (87 rushing, 9 receiving) and a rushing touchdown.
- Hill has scored four touchdowns (three rushing and one receiving) in his past 5 games.
- Running back Giovani Bernard (2,904) needs 96 yards from scrimmage to reach 3,000 in his career.
- In his past six games, wide receiver A.J. Green has 42 receptions for 594 yards receiving and three touchdowns.
- Green posted 12 receptions for 121 yards receiving in his last meeting against the Texans.
- Tight end Tyler Eifert leads the NFL with nine receiving touchdowns.
- Eifert needs one touchdown to become the first Bengals tight end to reach 10 scores during a single-season in franchise history.
- Defensive tackle Geno Atkins has a quarterback sack in six of his past eight games, including one last week against the Browns.
- Since entering the NFL in 2010, Atkins leads all AFC defensive tackles with 38 sacks.
- Defensive end Carlos Dunlap is tied for second in the NFL with 8.5 sacks and needs 1.5 to surpass his career-high of 9.5 from 2010.
- In his past five games, quarterback Brian Hoyer has completed 111 of 181 (61.3) passes for 1,345 yards passing with 12 touchdowns, two interceptions and a passer rating of 101.6 rating.
- Hoyer has two or more touchdowns in 5 consecutive games, longest streak in club history.
- In his past two starts, running back Alfred Blue is averaging 105.5 yards from scrimmage per game with a rushing touchdown.
- Blue (969) needs 31 yards from scrimmage to reach 1,000 for his career.
- In past 6 games, wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins has 52 receptions for 719 yards receiving and four touchdowns.
- In his past two games, wide receiver Nate Washington has 13 receptions for 201 yards receiving and three touchdowns,
- Washington aims to record a touchdown reception in three straight games.
- In his past 13 games, J.J. Watt has 19.5 quarterback sacks (including 2.5 against the Titans last week), three forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, safety, seven pass deflections, and a touchdown reception
- Since entering NFL in 2011, Watt leads the NFL with 65.5 sacks.
- Linebacker Whitney Mercilus generated a career-high 3.5 sacks last week.
|Total||391.1 (6th)||369.4 (9th)|
|Scoring||28.6 (3rd)||21.8 (20th)|
|Third Downs||45% (4th)||38% (15th)|
|Rushing||120.4 (11th)||87.9 (29th)|
|Rushing TDs||10 (t-4th)||4 (t-21st)|
|20-Yard Runs||3 (t-24th)||2 (t-31st)|
|Passing||270.8 (7th)||281.5 (6th)|
|Passing TDs||18 (t-7th)||16 (11th)|
|Sacks Allowed||11 (t-4th)||17 (t-14th)|
|20-yard Passes||35 (4th)||24 (t-25th)|
|Total||349.1 (12th)||350.9 (14th)|
|Scoring||17.8 (4th)||25.6 (22nd)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||36% (9th)||27% (1st)|
|Rushing||105.0 (14th)||123.5 (27th)|
|Rushing TDs||3 (t-3rd)||7 (t-20th)|
|Passing||244.1 (15th)||227.4 (8th)|
|Passing TDs||10 (t-6th)||16 (t-21st)|
|Sacks||23 (t-5th)||20 (t-11th)|
|QB Rating||84.8 (9th)||95.2 (20th)|
|Interceptions||8 (t-13th)||6 (t-18th)|
|Kickoff Return||20.5 (29th)||24.9 (8th)|
|Punt Return||10.4 (t-9th)||7.6 (t-22nd)|
|Punting (Net)||40.2 (14th)||38.3 (25th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||16 (t-7th)||13 (t-16th)|
BENGALS ALL-TIME RECORD AGAINST THE TEXANS
|11/23/2014||NRG Stadium (Houston, TX)||W 22-13|
|01/05/2013 *||Reliant Stadium (Houston, TX)||L 19-13|
|01/07/2012 †||Reliant Stadium (Houston, TX)||L 31-10|
|12/11/2011||Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||L 20-19|
|10/18/2009||Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||L 28-17|
|10/26/2008||Reliant Stadium (Houston, TX)||L 35-6|
|10/02/2005||Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||W 16-10|
|11/09/2003||Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||W 34-27|
|11/03/2002||Reliant Stadium (Houston, TX)||W 38-3|
* 2012 AFC Wild Card Game
† 2011 AFC Wild Card Game