Editor's Note: SB Nation's partner FanDuel is running a $1.25M fantasy football league on Sunday. First place wins $100,000. Join now!
GAME: Cincinnati Bengals (10-3) at San Francisco 49ers (4-9)
Date/Time: Dec. 20, 4:25 p.m. (ET)
Location: Levi's Stadium
Series Leader: 49ers, 9-3
Streak: 49ers have won four of the past six
Coaches vs. Opponent: Marvin Lewis: 1-2. Jim Tomsula: 0-0
TV Broadcast: CBS (1:25 PM PT): Spero Dedes, Solomon Wilcots, Jay Feely.
Radio Broadcast: Coverage on the Bengals Radio Network, led by a "triple cast" on Cincinnati flagship stations WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (ESPN 1530; all sports) and WEBN-FM (102.7). Broadcasters are Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Dave Lapham. SIRIUS: 83 (Cin), 145 (SF). XM: 226 (Cin), 231 (SF).
SB Nation: Niners Nation (@NinersNation)
Weather: 57 degrees and a chance for rain [Weather Underground]
Odds: Bengals, -4.5 [SB Nation]
Referee: Ronald Torbert
Uniform: White jersey, black pants
- Quarterback AJ McCarron will make his first NFL start this Sunday.
- McCarron completed 22 of 32 (68.8 percent) of his passes last week for 280 yards with two touchdowns and a passer rating of 90.6.
- Running back Jeremy Hill has 95 yards from scrimmage in two of his last three games.
- In his past six games against the NFC, running back Giovani Bernard is averaging 115.5 yards from scrimmage with two rushing touchdowns.
- In his past 11 games, wide receiver A.J. Green has 68 receptions for 1,061 yards and seven touchdowns.
- Green has four touchdowns in his last three games and is looking to record a touchdown in his fourth straight game.
- Green is one of two players in league history with five-plus consecutive seasons with 1,000 yards receiving or more (Randy Moss, 6).
- Tight end Tyler Eifert is tied for first in the NFL with 12 touchdowns, most by a Bengals tight end in franchise history.
- The Bengals are the only NFL team sporting two players with at least eight quarterback sacks -- defensive end Carlos Dunlap (10.5) and defensive tackle Geno Atkins (8).
- Safety Reggie Nelson leads the NFL with a career-high eight interceptions and needs two to tie the franchise record -- 10, Deltha O'Neal.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
- Quarterback Blaine Gabbert has a combined passer rating 93.5 in his past four starts.
- Running back Shaun Draughn has 396 yards from scrimmage in his past five games.
- Draughn has 75-plus yards from scrimmage in four of past five games.
- Wide receiver Anquan Boldin has a touchdown in four of his six career meetings against the Bengals and aims to score for his third straight game against Cincinnati.
- Bolding needs nine receptions to reach 1,000 for his career -- only 12 players have 1,000 receptions in their career.
- Wide receiver Torrey Smith posted six receptions for 165 yards receiving against the Bengals on Nov. 20, 2011.
- Smith has three touchdown receptions of 70 yards or more.
- Wide receiver Jerome Simpson posted a touchdown reception last week -- his first of the year.
- Wide receiver Quinton Patton led the 49ers with five receptions last week.
- Rookie tight end Blake Bell is averaging 17.3 yards per reception over his last three games.
- Linebacker NaVorro Bowman leads the NFC with 124 tackles.
- Linebacker Ahmad Brooks, who spent his first two seasons with the Bengals, recorded a quarterback sack in his last game against Cincinnati.
- Linebacker Aaron Lynch has 10 sacks in his last 11 games at home.
- Rookie safety Jaquiski Tartt recorded his first career interception last week.
- Rookie defensive tackle Arik Armstead generated a quarterback sack last week.
|Total||376.9 (6th)||289.4 (32nd)|
|Scoring||27.2 (4th)||14.5 (32nd)|
|Third Downs||42% (13th)||31% (30th)|
|Rushing||114.2 (14th)||96.9 (21st)|
|Rushing TDs||14 (t-3rd)||6 (t-24th)|
|20-Yard Runs||4 (t-28th)||3 (32nd)|
|Passing||262.8 (9th)||192.5 (30th)|
|Passing TDs||27 (t-8th)||12 (t-29th)|
|Sacks Allowed||23 (t-7th)||45 (32nd)|
|20-yard Passes||57 (t-2nd)||32 (30th)|
|Total||338.8 (10th)||401.7 (30th)|
|Scoring||17.6 (2nd)||24.2 (19th)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||39% (19th)||42% (22nd)|
|Rushing||96.2 (9th)||133.2 (31st)|
|Rushing TDs||6 (t-3rd)||16 (30th)|
|Passing||242.6 (17th)||268.5 (27th)|
|Passing TDs||15 (4th)||18 (t-10th)|
|Sacks||34 (t-9th)||22 (t-28th)|
|QB Rating||81.4 (6th)||97.5 (24th)|
|Interceptions||16 (t-3rd)||9 (t-22nd)|
|Kickoff Return||21.0 (27th)||23.1 (20th)|
|Punt Return||9.5 (12th)||8.1 (t-20th)|
|Punting (Net)||40.7 (10th)||39.7 (t-14th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||18 (t-23rd)||24 (t-7th)|
BENGALS ALL-TIME RECORD AGAINST THE 49ERS
|09/25/2011||Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||L 13-8|
|12/15/2007||Monster Park (San Francisco, CA)||L 20-13|
|12/14/2003||Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||W 41-38|
|12/05/1999||Cinergy Field (Cincinnati, OH)||W 44-30|
|10/20/1996||3com Park (San Francisco, CA)||L 28-21|
|12/05/1993||Candlestick Park (San Francisco, CA)||L 21-8|
|12/09/1990||Riverfront Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||L 20-17,OT|
|01/22/1989 *||Joe Robbie Stadium (Miami Gardens, FL)||L 20-16|
|09/20/1987||Riverfront Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||L 27-26|
|11/04/1984||Candlestick Park (San Francisco, CA)||L 23-17|
|01/24/1982 †||Pontiac Silverdome (Pontiac, MI)||L 26-21|
|12/06/1981||Riverfront Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||L 21-3|
|10/01/1978||Candlestick Park (San Francisco, CA)||L 28-12|
|09/29/1974||Candlestick Park (San Francisco, CA)||W 21-3|
* Super Bowl XXIII
† Super Bowl XVI