As someone who has won 10 of the 20 fantasy football leagues I've been involved with over the years, I know this week is where shrewd adds can upgrade a good team a champion team.
In this final week, look for upgrades everywhere - even kicker and defense, anywhere you can find an advantage, do it.
And remember, it's a one week season, so holding a backup "just because" doesn't make a lot of sense. If you aren't starting him, he's able to be cut for an upgrade elsewhere.
So let's look and see what potential adds might be available in your league for a final roster upgrade.
If you don't have an elite QB, here are some good options to look to:
- Blake Bortles (84%) has a great matchup against the Saints.
- Andrew Luck (71%) has a good matchup against the Dolphins (if he's healthy).
- Brian Hoyer (16%) has a great matchup against the Titans (if he's healthy).
- Kirk Cousins (24%) has a great matchup against the Titans.
With the slew of RB injuries this year, you may be desperate for a RB in your title games. Here are some folks who may be available:
- Shaun Draughn (61%) showed life against the Bengals, and has a decent matchup against the Lions (if he's healthy).
- Tim Hightower (71%) has a decent matchup against the Jaguars.
- James White (52%) it's never easy to trust a Patriots' back, especially one who averages 2 carries per game. But he had a number of catches in the past few weeks and has 5 touchdowns in the last 5 games.
- Christine Michael (10%) is the most recent replacement for Marshawn Lynch in Seattle's suddenly potent offense.
- Kamar Aiken (57%) is still only owned in about half of the Yahoo leagues, despite being the only consistent target in Baltimore. Aiken Gets a favorable matchup against the Steelers in a game where Baltimore will likely be playing from behind, and passing often.
- Markus Wheaton (29%) gets a great matchup against the Ravens, and has been very productive since the Steelers' bye in Week 11.