The Cincinnati Bengals dressed nine rookies including eight draft picks on Sunday in Cleveland. Part of that was due to Tyler Eifert, George Iloka and Leon Hall missing the game due to injury, but a few typically active players also sat out in favor of giving the rookies a shot against a team the Bengals are clearly superior to. Here are the offensive and defensive snap counts from Week 13 in Cleveland and a few interesting points of note.
- Rookie tight end Tyler Kroft played 40% of offensive snaps, his most to date.
- Jeremy Hill got significantly more snaps than Giovani Bernard due to his successful day on the ground, generating 98 yards and a touchdown.
- For the second week in a row, AJ McCarron played in the fourth quarter. This time he was responsible for 7 snaps. He completed 2/3 passes for 19 yards including a 15 yard pass to rookie Mario Alford.
- Marvin Jones had the most snaps of any wide receiver.
- C.J. Uzomah played his first NFL game, recorded his first catch and played in 10 snaps.
- Rookie offensive tackle Jake Fisher played in a career high 24 snaps, most came in the fourth quarter, but he was also targeted for a touchdown early in the game. Fisher typically plays in odd formations, but he did play at the right tackle position at the end of the game.
- Rookie offensive tackle Cedric Ogbuehi played in 11 snaps in his NFL debut. His first snap came on Jeremy Hill's 1-yard touchdown run. At the end of the game, Ogbuehi took on the left tackle position, filling in for Andrew Whitworth.
- Margus Hunt played a season-high 15 snaps on defense. He was active over Will Clarke this week.
- Rookie P.J. Dawson played in 9 snaps and rookie Troy Hill played in a remarkable 22 snaps after just being promoted from the practice squad yesterday. Hill was thrown more into action due to Josh Shaw leaving the game with a back injury. Shaw and Hill both did well with their opportunities. Hill recorded 2 tackles and 1 assisted tackle on defense. Shaw recorded 4 total tackles on defense and 1 on special teams before leaving the game.
- With Iloka out hurt, Shawn Williams played 100% of snaps on defense.