A recent study from Harvard University has given the Bengals a 39 percent chance of making the playoffs this year.
Harvard student Kurt Bullard created a model he used to determine the chance each team has of making the playoffs by evaluating the most important players on the roster. You can read more about Bullard's method here, which, to no surprise, show the Seahawks and Packers will be the best teams in the NFL this year.
Here's where Bullard's study maybe goes off the reserve: He has the Dolphins leading the AFC with a 77 percent chance of making the playoffs and the favorites to win the AFC East. These are the same Dolphins who haven't made the playoffs since 2008 and have just one winning season since 2006.
Oh, and Bullard's study has the Jets with a 56 percent chance of making the playoffs this year. I really don't care if the Bengals play the Seahawks 16 times this year. I'd still give them a better shot at making the playoffs than the Jets.
Here is the full list of predictions from the Harvard College Sports Analysis Collective:
(Overall ranking, team, percentage chance of making playoffs) NOTE: Overall ranking is not fully determined by playoff chances.
1. Seattle Seahawks: 95 percent chance of making the playoffs (Highest chance)
2. Green Bay Packers 93 percent
3. Miami Dolphins 77 percent
4. Kansas City Chiefs: 66 percent
5. New England Patriots: 62 percent
6. Denver Broncos: 62 percent
7. Detroit Lions: 53 percent
8. New York Jets: 56 percent
9. Indianapolis Colts: 62 percent
10. Buffalo Bills: 43 percent
11. Pittsburgh Steelers: 51 percent
12. Houston Texans: 54 percent
13. NY Giants: 42 percent
14. Cincinnati Bengals: 39 percent
15. Philadelphia Eagles: 35 percent
16. Dallas Cowboys: 23 percent
17. San Diego Chargers: 33 percent
18. Atlanta Falcons: 51 percent
19. New Orleans Saints: 42 percent
20. Arizona Cardinals: 29 percent
21. Chicago Bears: 25 percent
22. Washington Redskins: 18 percent
23. Carolina Panthers: 19 percent
24. Cleveland Browns: 20 percent
25. Minnesota Vikings: 12 percent
26. San Francisco 49ers: 12 percent
27. St. Louis Rams: 10 percent
28. Baltimore Ravens: 9 percent
29. Jacksonville Jaguars: 3 percent
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 3 percent
31. Tennessee Titans: 2 percent
32. Oakland Raiders: 1 percent