When the Bengals take on the Giants tonight, many of the players and coaches will be seeing familiar faces from their college days or from around town. Here we take a look at some of the connections between the Giants and Bengals from Odell Beckham Jr. and Jeremy Hill being good friends and former college teammates to Jeremy Miles, Marshall Newhouse and Josh Brown being formal Bengals themselves.
Also, remember when Giants head coach Tom Coughlin was passed over for the head coaching job in Cincinnati when Marvin Lewis got the job? Now, the two are the second and third longest tenured head coaches coaches in the NFL with Lewis having one year up on Coughlin. Lewis is entering his 13th season as the Bengals head coach while Coughlin is entering his 12th season as the Giants head coach.
- Giants CB Prince Amukamara and Bengals RB Rex Burkhead spent two years together at Nebraska.
- Giants rookie DE Brad Bars and DT Devon Still spent three years together at Penn State.
- Giants LB Jon Beason and Bengals OT Eric Winston played together at University of Miami.
- Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr., Giants WR Rueben Randle and Bengals RB Jeremy Hill played together at LSU as did Bengals WR James Wright who is currently on the IR list and will miss all of 2015.
- Giants LB Jonathan Casillas and Bengals G Kevin Zeitler spent one year together at Wisconsin.
- Giants guard Bobby Hart and Bengals RB James Wilder Jr. spent time together at Florida State.
- Giants LB J.T. Thomas and Bengals DE Will Clarke played together at West Virginia.
- Three Bengals, LS Clark Harris, TE Tyler Kroft and WR Mohamed Sanu, played at Rutgers, nearby to the Giants' stadium.
- Sanu is from South Brunswick, NJ, approximately 50 miles southwest of New York.
- Bengals LB Vincent Rey is from Far Rockaway, NY.
- Bengals LB Jayson DiManche was born in Trenton, NJ.
- Giants DT Jonathan Hankins played at Ohio State.
- Giants G Eric Herman played at Ohio University and is from Oregon, Ohio.
- Giants DE Brad Harrah and TE Adrien Robinson played at the University of Cincinnati.
Former Bengals who are Giants
- Giants OT Marshall Newhouse played for the Bengals in 2014 he also attended TCU with Andy Dalton.
- Giants S Jeromy Miles played for the Bengals from 2010-2013.
- Giants K Josh Brown played for the Bengals in 2012 for a few games, during which he kicked a game winning field goal against the Steelers to send the Bengals to the playoffs.
Former Giants who are Bengals
- Wallace Gilberry was signed by the New York Giants as an undrafted free agent in 2008, but was released before the regular season began at which point he joined the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Giants QBs coach Mike Sullivan coached at Ohio University in 2001.
- Giants secondary/cornerbacks coach Tim Walton played DB at Ohio State and coached from 1995-99 at Bowling Green.
- Bengals assistant head coach/offensive line coach Paul Alexander is from Rochester, N.Y. and played in college at Cortland State in New York.