Editor's Note: FanDuel is running a $1,500,000 fantasy football league in Week 4. The top 66,000 teams win cash with $100,000 paid to first place on Sunday. Join now!
GAME: Kansas City Chiefs (1-2) at Cincinnati Bengals (3-0)
Time: 1:00 p.m. EST
Location: Paul Brown Stadium
Series Leader: Bengals, 14-13
Streak: Bengals have won the past three
Coaches vs. Opponent: Marvin Lewis: 5-2. Andy Ried: 1-2-1
TV Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Spero Dedes, Solomon Wilcots.
Radio Broadcast: SIRIUS: 135 (KC), 82 (Cin.). XM: 82 (Cin.).
SB Nation: Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride)
Weather: Mostly cloudy and 60 degrees [Weather Underground]
Uniform: Orange jersey and white pants
Odds: Bengals are three point favorites [SB Nation]
- Bengals are looking to go 4-0 for the first time since 2005.
- Quarterback Andy Dalton recorded a career-best 383 yards last week, scoring four touchdowns (three passing, one rushing).
- Dalton is looking to generate a passer rating of 115 or better in his fourth straight game.
- Dalton has a regular season record of 43-23-1 (649), highest among all Bengals quarterbacks with at least 20 starts.
- In his past five home games, running back Jeremy Hill is averaging 95.8 yards from scrimmage with three rushing touchdowns.
- Running back Giovani Bernard has 80-plus yards from scrimmage in five of his past six games.
- Wide receiver A.J. Green became the second player in NFL history with at least 10 receptions, 225 yards receiving and two touchdowns, including a game-winning touchdown in the fourth quarter or overtime (Miles Austin).
- Wide receiver Marvin Jones posted five receptions for 94 yards receiving and a touchdown last week.
- Jones is looking to generate a touchdown in his third straight game.
- Tight end Tyler Eifert has a touchdown catch in two of his three games.
- Defensive tackle Geno Atkins has a sack in two of his past three games.
- Since 2010, Atkins leads all AFC defensive tackles with 34 quarterback sacks.
- Since entering the NFL in 2007, safety Reggie Nelson is one of three players with at least 20 interceptions (23) and six quarterback sacks (6.5).
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
- Quarterback Alex Smith has one career start against the Bengals (9/25/2011 with the San Francisco 49ers) and completed 20 passes for 201 yards in that game.
- Since 2011, Smith has a record of 39-18-1 (.681) as a starter with 12,177 yards, 75 touchdowns, 26 interceptions with a 92.4 passer rating.
- Running back Jamaal Charles has scored 19 touchdowns in his previous 16 games (13 rushing, six receiving).
- Charles scored three rushing touchdowns last week against the Green Bay Packers.
- With 63 career touchdowns, Charles surpassed Larry Johnson (61) and Otis Taylor (60) for third-most in Chiefs history.
- In his previous two games against the Bengals, Charles has generated 242 yards from scrimmage (121 per game).
- Last week, wide receiver Jeremy Maclin led the Chiefs with eight receptions for 141 yards receiving and a touchdown.
- In his past seven games, tight end Travis Kelce has 39 receptions for 528 yards receiving with three touchdowns.
- In his past 13 games, linebacker Justin Houston has 18 sacks and forced fumbles.
- Since 2012, Houston ranks second wiht 46 sacks (J.J. Watt).
- Linebacker Tamba Hali (80.5) joined Derrick Thomas (126.5) and Neil Smith (85.5) as the only Chiefs with 80 or more quarterback sacks.
|Total||414.3 (2nd)||323.3 (22nd)|
|Scoring||28.3 (7th)||26.3 (8th)|
|Third Downs||42% (14th)||17% (32nd)|
|Rushing||129.3 (8th)||106.3 (t-13th)|
|Rushing TDs||3 (t-10th)||5 (t-1st)|
|20-Yard Runs||2 (t-8th)||1 (t-15th)|
|Passing||285.0 (6th)||217.0 (25th)|
|Passing TDs||8 (t-4th)||4 (t-18th)|
|Sacks Allowed||2 (2nd)||86.4 (17th)|
|20-yard Passes||13 (t-4th)||10 (t-14th)|
|Total||332.7 (t-12th)||381.0 (24th)|
|Scoring||18.7 (7th)||29.7 (29th)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||36% (11th)||31% (5th)|
|Rushing||76.7 (5th)||94.0 (14th)|
|Rushing TDs||0 (t-1st)||0 (t-1st)|
|Passing||256.0 (20th)||287.0 (28th)|
|Passing TDs||6 (t-19th)||10 (32nd)|
|Sacks||6 (t-12th)||9 (t-5th)|
|QB Rating||94.7 (18th)||101.9 (24th)|
|Interceptions||3 (t-10th)||2 (t-17th)|
|Kickoff Return||20.0 (25th)||27.5 (6th)|
|Punt Return||8.6 (19th)||8.1 (21st)|
|Punting (Net)||42.0 (10th)||43.2 (6th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||4 (t-14th)||7 (t-2nd)|
BENGALS ALL-TIME RECORD AGAINST THE CHIEFS
|11/18/2012||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||W 28-6|
|12/27/2009||Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||W 17-10|
|12/28/2008||Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||W 16-6|
|10/14/2007||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||L 27-20|
|09/10/2006||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||W 23-10|
|01/01/2006||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||L 37-3|
|11/16/2003||Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||W 24-19|
|10/10/1993||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||L 17-15|
|10/01/1989||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||W 21-17|
|11/13/1988||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||L 31-28|
|12/06/1987||Riverfront Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||W 30-27,OT|
|09/07/1986||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||L 24-14|
|09/09/1984||Riverfront Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||L 27-22|
|11/13/1983||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||L 20-15|
|11/30/1980||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||W 20-6|
|10/07/1979||Riverfront Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||L 10-7|
|09/03/1978||Riverfront Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||L 24-23|
|12/04/1977||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||W 27-7|
|11/21/1976||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||W 27-24|
|11/24/1974||Riverfront Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||W 33-6|
|10/21/1973||Riverfront Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||W 14-6|
|10/15/1972||Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||W 23-16|
|10/18/1970||Riverfront Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||L 27-19|
|10/26/1969||Kansas City Municipal Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||L 42-22|
|09/28/1969||Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||W 24-19|
|11/10/1968||Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)||L 16-9|
|10/13/1968||Kansas City Municipal Stadium (Kansas City, MO)||L 13-3|