Cheers to everyone who is making the trip to London this Sunday to watch the Bengals take the trip across the pond for the very first time to face the Washington Redskins. With this being such a high profile game and the first in-person exposure of the Bengals to Europe, I’ll be absolutely gutted if this ends up being a damp squib. And yes, I have been waiting all year to use this British slang because quite frankly it’s ace compared to what we say on a regular basis. That said, everything you need to know and more for Sunday’s kickoff is below! Who Dey!
Date/Time: Sunday, October 30, 2016 9:30 a.m. ET
Location: Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London, United Kingdom
Series Leader: Bengals, 5-4
Streak: The Bengals have won 4 of the past 5 meetings
Coaches vs Opponent: Marvin Lewis (3-0), Jay Gruden (0-0)
TV Broadcast: FOX: Kenny Albert, John Lynch, Pam Oliver (Field Reporter)
Radio Broadcast: Coverage on the Bengals Radio Network, led by a “triple-cast” on Cincinnati flagship stations WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (1530) and WEBN-FM (102.7). Broadcasters are Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Dave Lapham (analyst). SIRIUS: 108 (WW1), 83 (Was), 93 (Cin). XM: 227 (WW1), 226 (Was), 225 (Cin)
Weather: 55 degrees and partly cloudy [Weather Underground]
Odds: Cincinnati, -2.5 (Odds Shark)
Referee: Carl Cheffers
Uniform: Black Jerseys, White Pants (18-6-1 in this combination since 2004)
- Andy Dalton passed for 308 yards and two scores last week resulting in a 128.3 passer rating. He has four games in a row with zero interceptions and a passer rating of over 100.
- Jeremy Hill ran for a career high 168 yards last week on only nine carries for an average of 18.7 yards per carry.
- Giovani Bernard had 80 rushing yards and touchdown in Week 7.
- A.J. Green leads the NFL with 50 catches and is second in the league with 775 receiving yards. He has 480 yards receiving and two touchdowns in his last four games.
- Brandon LaFell had 4 touchdowns receptions in his last 3 games.
- Safety Shawn Williams had an interception, sack, and tackle for loss last week.
- Will Clarke has had a sack in 3 of his last 5 games.
- Carlos Dunlap has 18.5 sacks in his last 23 games.
- Adam Jones is the only active player in NFL with 2+ interceptions for touchdowns (2) and 5+ punt returns for a touchdown (5) in his career.
- Quarterback Kirk Cousins passed for 301 yards and a touchdown for a 106.9 passer rating in Week 7. He also ran for another score.
- Running back Matt Jones has 100+ rushing yards and a touchdown in two of his past four games.
- Receiver Jamison Crowder has seven catches for 108 yards in Week 7.
- Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan has four and a half sacks in the past three meetings.
- Linebacker Will Compton has had six or more tackles in each of his last four games.
- Defensive end Ziggy Hood has a sack and a forced fumble in the past two games against AFC opponents.
- Tight end Vernon Davis had eight receptions for 114 yards in his last game against the Bengals (then with San Francisco).
Bengals' all-time history against the Redskins: