The Bengals played a season-high number of snaps on both offense and defense in their tie with the Redskins. That's typically what happens when you need to play a full extra quarter of football. The offense was on the field for 35 minutes and 18 seconds, which amounted to 88 plays, while the defense was on the field for 39 minutes and 42 seconds, which gave them time for 91 plays. Here are some takeaways from the snap count and the full breakdown on offense and defense.
- The Bengals continued their approach of taking Cedric Ogbuehi in and out of the game, replacing him with Eric Winston as they saw fit. Ogbuehi played 67% of offensive snaps; Winston player the other 33%.
- Tyler Eifert played 84% of snaps in his second week back from injury. It seems he's fully healthy after his 102 yard, 1 touchdown day. That was also enough for C.J. Uzomah to be a healthy scratch in the game.
In his second game back, Tyler Eifert played 84.1% of snaps. Ran a route on 47 of Dalton's 48 dropbacks. And went 9-102-1 on 12 targets.— Adam Levitan (@adamlevitan) October 31, 2016
- Tyler Boyd played 82% of offensive snaps on Sunday and he's now consistently playing the large majority of snaps each week. In the passing game, Boyd was targeted 7 times, of which he caught 5 passes for 38 yards. He's still waiting on his first touchdown catch of the year.
- Giovani Bernard played 55% of offensive snaps while Jeremy Hill played 44%. But, Hill received nearly double the rushing attempts (20 to Bernard's 11) and each running back was only targeted once in the passing game, with Hill's target coming on the Bengals' opening drive.
- Ryan Hewitt is still being under-utilized and played just 16% of snaps on Sunday in London.
- On the defensive line, Domata Peko saw 52 snaps on defense, good for 57%, while Pat Sims was limited to 20% of snaps and Margus Hunt to 13%. It seems Will Clarke has proven his worth over Hunt as Clarke played 43 snaps on Sunday in London (47%).
- At the linebacker position, the snaps have begun to be shared more so than they were toward the beginning of the season. Karlos Dansby played 59% of snaps, Rey Maualuga 25% (he was also injured during the game and missed some time, but returned), Vincent Rey played 46% and Vontaze Burfict 95%, despite also getting injured during the game.
- Josh Shaw played 74% of defensive snaps, far more than Darqueze Dennard who played just 10% of the game on defense. Dennard's stock has never been lower, and that's becoming increasingly clear.
|Position||Player||Snap Count||Percentage of Time|
|Offensive Line||Kevin Zeitler||88||100%|
|Tight Ends||Tyler Eifert||74||84%|
|Wide Receiver||A.J. Green||81||92%|
|Running Back||Jeremy Hill||39||44%|
|Defensive Tackle||Geno Atkins||79||87%|
|Defensive End||Margus Hunt||12||13%|