Following a disappointing Monday Night Football outing against the New York Giants, the Bengals face a short week before hosting the Buffalo Bills. At 4-5, Rex Ryan’s Buffalo squad is in an even more dire position than Cincinnati. With New England likely a lock to win the AFC East, Buffalo’s only hope is a Wild Card spot. However, that’s easier said than done with a pair of dominant AFC West teams in Denver and Oakland currently sitting pretty at the fifth and sixth seeds respectively. They currently rank below 7-2 Kansas City, who's in line for a bye week and top seed. If there were ever a must win game for Cincinnati, it’s this week. The AFC North is their only way into the postseason and the team has some serious catching up to do.
Game: Buffalo Bills (4-5) at Cincinnati Bengals (3-5-1)
Date/Time: Sunday, November 20th, 2016 1:00 p.m. ET
Location: Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Series Leader: Bills, 15-12
Streak: Bengals have won the last 3 games.
Coaches vs Opponent: Rex Ryan (2-2), Marvin Lewis (3-5)
TV Broadcast: FOX: Thom Brennaman, Charles Davis, Chris Spielman, Holly Sonders
Radio Broadcast: Coverage on the Bengals Radio Network, led by a “triple-cast” on Cincinnati flagship stations WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (1530) and WEBN-FM (102.7). Broadcasters are Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Dave Lapham (analyst).
Westwood One: Kevin Lee, Ross Tucker.
SIRIUS: 133 (Buf), 146 (Cin). XM: 381 (Buf), 229 (Cin).
Bills SB Nation: Buffalo Rumblings (@BuffRumblings)
Weather: 40 degrees with a chance of rain [Weather Underground]
Odds: Cincinnati, -4 (Odds Shark)
Referee: Terry McAulay
Jersey: The Bengals are scheduled to wear black jerseys and black pants. Since 2004, the Bengals are 14-10-1 (.580) when wearing black on black.
- Quarterback Andy Dalton had a 100+ rating in two of his past three home game. In his past two versus Buffalo he has 580 yards passing yards with six touchdowns versus one interception, good for a 111.7 rating.
- Jeremy Hill has 290 rushing yards and three rushing touchdowns in his past three games.
- Tight End Tyler Eifert had a touchdown catch in his last meeting with the Bills. He has 198 receiving yards and a touchdown catch in his last two games this season.
- Geno Atkins has 47.5 sacks since 2010, the most among NFL defensive tackles.
- Carlos Dunlap has 2.5 sacks in his past two meetings with the Bills.
- Giovani Bernard has 173 scrimmage yards and two touchdowns in the past two meetings with the Bills.
- Darqueze Dennard got his first NFL interception against the Bills in 2015.
- A.J. Green had a receiving touchdown last week. He ranks second in NFL with 964 receiving yards and third with 66 receptions. In his last three games, Green has 24 catches (8 per game) for 358 yards (119.3 per game) and 2 touchdowns.
- Quarterback Tyrod Taylor has five passing touchdowns versus one interception with two rushing touchdowns in his past four games on the road.
- LeSean McCoy rushed for 90 yards and a touchdown in his last game. He has 100 plus scrimmage yards in five of his past 6 games played.
- Running Back Mike Gillislee had a rushing touchdown in Week 9 (the Bills had a Week 10 bye).
- Robert Woods set a career high with 10 catches and 162 receiving yards in Week 9.
- Linebacker Zach Brown ranks third in the NFL with 89 tackles.
- Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander is tied for the lead with 10 sacks.
Bengals' all-time history against the Bills:
|TOTAL FIRST DOWNS||195||191|
|FIRST DOWNS (RUSHING-PASSING-BY-PENALTY)||56-117-22||50-120-21|
|THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS||40/114||47/115|
|FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS||4-6||7-2|
|TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS||3,427||3,379|
|OFFENSE (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS)||584/5.8||580/5.8|
|TOTAL RUSHING YARDS||1,040||1,051|
|RUSHING (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS)||243-4.3||238-4.4|
|TOTAL PASSING YARDS||2,553||2,432|
|TIME OF POSSESSION||30:59:00||30:41:00|
|Total First Downs||182||191|
|1st Downs (Rush-Pass-By Penalty)||76 - 86 - 20||57 - 111 - 23|
|3rd Down Conversions||48/119||43/112|
|4th Down Conversions||5/9||2/9|
|Total Offensive Yds||3093||3160|
|Offense (Plays-Avg Yds)||562 - 5.5||559 - 5.7|
|Total Rushing Yds||1395||980|
|Rushing (Plays-Avg Yards)||264 - 5.3||241 - 4.1|
|Total Passing Yds||1698||2180|
|Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)||164 - 274 - 3 - 6.6||180 - 288 - 6 - 8.3|
|TOUCHDOWNS (RUSHING-PASSING-RETURNS-DEFENSIVE)||16 - 10 - 0 - 3||11 - 10 - 0 - 0|
|Time of Possession||29:14:00||30:45:00|