Not a whole lot went the Cincinnati Bengals’ way against the Bills, and the team not only finds itself at 3-6-1, but also without stars A.J. Green and Giovani Bernard. Green could return this season, but Bernard’ season is officially over. Combined, the two players accounted for over 40% of the team’s offensive yardage.
Now, in the first divisional matchup against the Ravens this season, the team is going to have to dig down deep for key contributors. Rex Burkhead will likely see an increase of backfield work in the passing game, and Cody Core may be called upon to add a vertical threat, but it may not be enough against the NFL’s number two overall defense. That said, the Bengals have had the Ravens’ number in recent years, so at least history is going to be on this team’s side in Week 12.
Game: Cincinnati Bengals (3-6-1) at Baltimore Ravens (5-5)
Date/Time: Sunday, November 27th, 2016 1:00 p.m. ET
Location: M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, Maryland
Series Leader: Tied, 20-20
Streak: Bengals have won 6 of the past 7 games and 5 straight
Coaches vs Opponent: Marvin Lewis (16-10), John Harbaugh (7-9)
TV Broadcast: CBS: Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts, Evan Washburn
Radio Broadcast: Coverage on the Bengals Radio Network, led by a “triple-cast” on Cincinnati flagship stations WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (1530) and WEBN-FM (102.7). Broadcasters are Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Dave Lapham (analyst).
Westwood One: Tom McCarthy, Mike Mayock.
SIRIUS: 132 (Cin), 82 (Bal). XM: 380 (Cin), 82 (Bal).
Ravens SB Nation: Baltimore Beatdown (@BMoreBeatdown)
Weather: 54 degrees and clear [Weather Underground]
Odds: Baltimore, -3 (Odds Shark)
Referee: Clete Blakeman
Jersey: The Bengals are scheduled to wear white jerseys and black pants. Since 2004, the Bengals are 24-25 when wearing white on black.
- Andy Dalton passed for 384 yards and three touchdowns in his last meeting with the Ravens. Dalton ranks 5th in the AFC with 2,760 passing yards. He had a rushing and passing touchdown last week. Since 2011, Dalton is 2nd among NFL QBs with 17 rushing touchdowns.
- Geno Atkins has 47.5 sacks since 2010, the most among NFL defensive tackles. Atkins also has 2 sacks and 6 tackles for loss in his past three meetings with the Ravens.
- Jeremy Hill has three rushing touchdowns in his last four games. Since 2014, Hill ranks 2nd in NFL with 26 rushing touchdowns.
- Since 2014, Tyler Eifert has the most touchdown receptions by a tight end with 14.
- Tyler Boyd had his first career touchdown catch last week.
- Vontaze Burfict has 12 tackles and an interception in his last game against the Ravens. He had a sack last week and is aiming for his 4th game in row with 10+ tackles.
- Dre Kirkpatrick is aiming for his third consecutive game with an interception.
- Brandon LaFell has 3 receiving touchdowns in the Bengals’ past 3 games on the road.
- Adam Jones has grabbed an interception in two of the past three games vs Baltimore.
- Joe Flacco passed for 362 yards and two touchdowns in his last game against the Bengals.
- Steve Smith Sr. has 100+ yards receiving in four of his last six games against the Bengals. In the past three games he has 339 receiving yards and three touchdowns.
- Mike Wallace has 462 receiving yards in his last four games.
- Dennis Pitta is tied for second in receptions among tight ends with 49.
- C.J. Mosley leads NFL linebackers in 2016 with three interceptions.
- Justin Tucker has made 30 consecutive field goals.
Bengals' all-time history against the Ravens:
|TOTAL FIRST DOWNS||218||211|
|FIRST DOWNS (RUSHING-PASSING-BY-PENALTY)||63-130-25||62-127-22|
|THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS||48/129||50/127|
|FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS||6-Apr||8-Mar|
|TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS||3,727||3,721|
|OFFENSE (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS)||655/5.7||643/5.8|
|TOTAL RUSHING YARDS||1,133||1,234|
|RUSHING (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS)||270-4.2||272-4.5|
|TOTAL PASSING YARDS||2,760||2,598|
|TIME OF POSSESSION||30:40:00||30:50:00|
|TOTAL FIRST DOWNS||193||161|
|FIRST DOWNS (RUSHING-PASSING-BY-PENALTY)||44-123-26||30-116-15|
|THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS||49/146||46/136|
|FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS||11-Apr||11-Aug|
|TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS||3,365||2,951|
|OFFENSE (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS)||673/5||596/5|
|TOTAL RUSHING YARDS||874||760|
|RUSHING (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS)||237-3.7||224-3.4|
|TOTAL PASSING YARDS||2,652||2,357|
|TIME OF POSSESSION||31:22:00||28:38:00|