In the NFL it seems like the rich keep getting richer in 2016 (Raiders, Patriots, Cowboys), and the poor are getting poorer (Bengals). Thankfully at least we aren’t completely impoverished (sorry, Cleveland). That said, at 3-7-1, the Bengals aren’t winning frequently enough this year, and while some fans would be content with tanking for a great draft pick, I’m not. I’d much rather see the team rack up another win or two while seeing some added contributions from younger talent.
The Bengals are going to have a great pick regardless next April, so hopefully we can see what young talent the team employs going into 2017, right?
Also, if anyone from the Bengals offensive staff is reading this - please use Tyler Boyd more. Brandon LaFell shouldn’t be the one taking those end arounds and gadget plays. Boyd is a former quarterback, running back, and now wide receiver. Just try him out in more ways. Trust me, he’s awesome.
Game: Philadelphia Eagles (6-5) at Cincinnati Bengals (3-7-1)
Date/Time: Sunday, December 4th, 2016 1:00 p.m. ET
Location: Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Series Leader: Bengals, 8-3-1
Streak: The Eagles have not beaten the Bengals since 2000. The Bengals beat the Eagles in 2005, 2008, 2012 and are on a three game winning streak.
Coaches vs Opponent: Marvin Lewis (2-0-1), Doug Pederson (0-0)
TV Broadcast: FOX: Thom Brennaman, Charles Davis, Peter Schrager
Radio Broadcast: Coverage on the Bengals Radio Network, led by a “triple-cast” on Cincinnati flagship stations WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (1530) and WEBN-FM (102.7). Broadcasters are Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Dave Lapham (analyst).
SIRIUS: 132 (Phi), 113 (Cin).
XM: 384 (Phi), 230 (Cin).
Eagles SB Nation: Bleeding Green Nation (@BleedingGreen)
Weather: 42 degrees with a chance of rain [Weather Underground]
Odds: Philadelphia, -1 (Odds Shark)
Referee: Jeff Triplette
Jersey: Orange Jerseys, White Pants. Since 2004, the Bengals are 15-6-1 when wearing orange jerseys and white pants (.705).
- Andy Dalton is third in the AFC with 3,043 passing yards and joins Peyton Manning as the only quarterbacks to have 3,000+ passing yards in each of their first six seasons. Last week, Dalton passed for 283 yards and a touchdown.
- Since 2014, Jeremy Hill ranks second in the NFL with 26 rushing touchdowns. Hill will be aiming for his third game in row against an NFC East team with a rushing touchdown.
- Tyler Boyd ranks fourth among NFL rookies with 38 catches
- Vontaze Burfict is aiming for his fifth game in a row with at least 10 tackles. He had three tackles for loss last week.
- Wallace Gilberry had a sack, tackle for loss, and a fumble recovery for a touchdown in the last game against the Eagles.
- Carlos Dunlap is the only player in the NFL this season with 5+ sacks (6.5) and 10 passes defended (10).
- Tight end Tyler Eifert has 303 receiving yards (75.8 per game) and 2 touchdowns in his past four games. Has 15 touchdowns catches since 2015, rank second most among NFL TEs.
- Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick has an interception in two of the last three games.
- Defensive tackle Geno Atkins leads all NFL DTs with 47.5 sacks since 2010.
- Carson Wentz ranks second among NFL rookies in passing yards (2,593) and passing touchdowns (11)
- Running back Ryan Matthews has four rushing touchdowns in his past four games
- Zach Ertz has 23 receptions since Week 9, tied for most in the NFL by a tight end
- Fletcher Cox had 1.5 sacks in his last meeting with the Bengals
- Brandon Graham had a career-high 2.5 sacks and a forced fumble in his last game against the Bengals
- Linebacker Nigel Bradham has 36 tackles in his past four road games
Bengals' all-time history against the Eagles:
|Total First Downs||240||227|
|1st Downs (Rush-Pass-By Penalty)||66 - 145 - 29||66 - 139 - 22|
|3rd Down Conversions||53/145||55/143|
|4th Down Conversions||7-5||10-4|
|Total Offensive Yds||4052||4032|
|Offense (Plays-Avg Yds)||730 - 5.6||712 - 5.7|
|Total Rushing Yds||1197||1326|
|Rushing (Plays-Avg Yards)||290 - 4.1||302 - 4.4|
|Total Passing Yds||2855||2706|
|Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)||259 - 408 - 6 - 7.5||254 - 389 - 11 - 7.3|
|(Rush-Pass-Ret-Def)||11 - 12 - 0 - 0||8 - 20 - 0 - 0|
|Time of Possession||30:29:00||30:52:00|
|Total First Downs||221||206|
|1st Downs (Rush-Pass-By Penalty)||77 - 126 - 18||65 - 116 - 25|
|3rd Down Conversions||50/145||54/139|
|4th Down Conversions||14-7||15-6|
|Total Offensive Yds||3696||3733|
|Offense (Plays-Avg Yds)||713 - 5.2||670 - 5.6|
|Total Rushing Yds||1264||1131|
|Rushing (Plays-Avg Yards)||295 - 4.3||265 - 4.3|
|Total Passing Yds||2432||2602|
|Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)||249 - 393 - 8 - 6.6||226 - 379 - 9 - 7.3|
|(Rush-Pass-Ret-Def)||11 - 11 - 2 - 1||6 - 17 - 1 - 0|
|Time of Possession||32:07:00||28:31:00|