One of the changes made was adding Cobi Hamilton to the roster. The former Bengals wide receiver started the season on the Steelers’ practice squad, but was promoted to the 53-man roster heading into Week 6. Hamilton was a sixth round draft pick by the Bengals in 2013 and spent his first two years in the league on the team's practice squad. Hamilton never recorded a regular season or postseason statistic with the Bengals, though he was active and added to the 53-man roster for the January 2015 Wild Card playoff loss to the Colts. Hamilton has done surprisingly well this season, recording 153 yards and 1 touchdown in eight games played. Comparably, Bengals receiver James Wright has 93 yards and 0 touchdowns in 10 games played this season. As the Steelers’ No. 5/6 receiver, those numbers aren’t bad for Hamilton, especially considering the Bengals gave up on him during the summer of 2015.
Hamilton will surely be looking to make an impact against his former team and will be just another offensive skill player the Bengals will need to be cautious of in Week 15 against the Steelers.
Here are more of the plentiful connections between the Bengals and Steelers:
Former Steelers who are Bengals and Bengals who are Steelers
- Pittsburgh LB James Harrison played one season (2013) in Cincinnati.
- Bengals TE coach Jonathan Hayes played with the Steelers from 1994-1996.
- Steelers QB Bruce Gradkowski (Reserved/Injured) played for the Bengals from 2011-12.
- Steelers WR Cobi Hamilton was drafted by the Bengals in 2013 and played for the Bengals in 2014.
- Steelers LB L.J. Fort spent time on the Bengals practice squad in 2014.
- Steelers inside linebackers coach Jerry Olsavsky was with the Bengals as a player in the 1998 preseason.
- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis served as the Steelers’ LB coach for four seasons (1992-95.
- Bengals LB coach Jim Haslett was the Steelers’ DC from 1997-99.
- Steelers STC Danny Smith and Cincinnati QB coach Ken Zampese worked together on the Philadelphia Eagles’ coaching staff for one season (1998).
- Steelers HC Mike Tomlin was the DB coach at the University of Cincinnati from 1999-2000.
- Pittsburgh QB Ben Roethlisberger, an Ohio native, played his collegiate career at Miami University (Oh.) in Oxford.
- Steelers FS Mike Mitchell hails from Fort Thomas, Ky (Highlands High School) and played at Ohio University.
- Steelers LB James Harrison is from Akron, Oh., and attended Kent State University.
- Pittsburgh FB Roosevelt Nix is from Reynoldsburg Oh., and also played at Kent State University.
- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis was born in McDonald, Pa., and coached for the University of Pittsburgh from 1990-91.
- Cincinnati DE Will Clarke is from Pittsburgh and played at Taylor Allderdice High School.
- Bengals TE coach Jonathan Hayes was born in South Fayette, Pa.
- Bengals WR coach James Urban coached at Clarion University from 1997-98.
- Cincinnati asst. HC/OL coach Paul Alexander was a GA at Penn State from 1983-84.
- Bengals strength and conditioning coach Chip Morton was a strength and conditioning asst. at Penn State for five years (1987-1991).
- Bengals rookie WR Tyler Boyd is a graduate of Clairton High School and played collegiately at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Bengals LB coach Jim Haslett played his college career at Indiana University (Pa.).
- Haslett also served as a football consultant for Penn State last year.
- Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell is from Reynoldsburg, Ohio.
- Steelers CB William Gay, OT Byron Stingily, and WR Eli Rogers played at Louisville.
- Four Steelers — S Will Allen, DE Cameron Heyward, CB Doran Grant, and LB Ryan Shazier — played at Ohio State University.
- Allen is from Dayton, Ohio (Wayne High School).
- Steelers wide receivers coach Richard Mann coached at the University of Louisville from 1980-81.
- Steelers DE Ricardo Matthews played at the University of Cincinnati.
- Steelers OC Todd Haley was on staff in Arizona from 2007- 08 when Bengals LB Karlos Dansby was a linebacker for the Cardinals.
- Pittsburgh RB coach James Saxon coached in Miami at the same time Dansby was on Dolphins’ active roster, as well (2010).
- Steelers CB Justin Gilbert played on the same side of the ball as Dansby in Cleveland for two seasons (2014-15).
- Pittsburgh ILB coach Jerry Olsavsky played for Baltimore when Bengals STC Darrin Simmons was on the Ravens’ staff in 1998.
- Pittsburgh OL coach Mike Munchak coached Bengals CB Adam Jones for two seasons (2005-06) with the Titans.
- Steelers RB DeAngelo Williams shared a locker room with Bengals WR Brandon LaFell in Carolina for four years (2010-13).
- Pittsburgh OT Ryan Harris played in Denver from 2007-08 when Cincinnati DL coach Jacob Burney was on staff.
- Steelers OT Marcus Gilbert was teammates with Bengals DE Carlos Dunlap (2007-09) at Florida.
- Pittsburgh G David DeCastro was teammates with Cincinnati HB Ryan Hewitt for three seasons (2009- 11) at Stanford.
- Steelers LB Jarvis Jones was a Georgia Bulldog with Bengals DT Geno Atkins (2009), WR A.J. Green (2009- 10) and S Shawn Williams (2009-12).
- Pittsburgh WR Sammie Coates played at Auburn with Cincinnati TE C.J. Uzomah (2011-14).
- Steelers DE Stephon Tuitt was teammates with Bengals TE Tyler Eifert at Notre Dame from 2011-12.