The Bengals and Vikings are two pretty similar teams. Just think back to how each team ended their 2015 seasons in the Wild Card round of the playoffs. Or better yet, don’t. Before the Bengals and Vikings face off tonight, let’s take a look at some of the plentiful connections between the two teams and cities.
- Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer was defensive coordinator for the Bengals from 2008-13.
- Vikings LBs coach Adam Zimmer coached for the Bengals in 2013.
- Bengals assistant strength and conditioning coach Jeff Friday coached for the Vikings from 1996-98.
Former Bengals who are Vikings
- Vikings CB Terence Newman played for the Bengals from 2012-14. Newman didn’t make the trip to Cincinnati due to an injury.
- Vikings OT Andre Smith played for the Bengals from 2009-15. Smith left the team via free agency this offseason.
- Vikings LB Emmanuel Lamur played for the Bengals from 2012-15. Lamur left the team via free agency this offseason.
- Vikings WR Troy Stoudemire was with the Bengals in the 2013 preseason.
- Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph is from Cincinnati (Elder HS).
- Vikings WR Charles Johnson is from Erlanger, Ky. (Lloyd HS).
- Vikings G Alex Boone played at Ohio State.
- Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater and DE B.J. DuBose (Reserve/Injured) played at Louisville.
- Bengals special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons coached at the University of Minnesota in 1997.
- Bengals assistant linebackers/quality control coach David Lippincott coached at University of Minnesota from 2003-04.
- Vikings special teams coordinator Mike Priefer coached in 1997-98 at Youngstown State.
- Vikings assistant DBs/quality control coach Jonathan Gannon played (2002) and coached (2006) at Louisville.