Despite losing the game against the Jaguars, the Bengals starting offense and defense looked sharp. However, it’s unlikely we see many of those players against the Colts, which will give the rest of the team an opportunity to redeem themselves. Jobs will be won and lost on Thursday night, which always makes for some interesting football.
Game: Cincinnati Bengals (1-2) at Indianapolis Colts (1-2-1)
Date/Time: Thursday, September 1st, 2016, 7:30 p.m. ET
Location: Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH
Series Leader: Colts, 17-10 (Regular Season); 2-0 (Postseason)
Bengals lead Preseason 16-8
Coaches vs Opponent: Marvin Lewis: 2-6, Chuck Pagano 2-1 (Regular and Postseason)
TV Broadcast: Live coverage on the Bengals Preseason Network with Brad Johansen (play-by-play), Anthony Munoz (analyst) and Mike Valpredo (sideline reporter). The network is led by flagship WKRC-TV (CBS Channel 12) in Cincinnati. Also on the network are WKEF-TV (ABC Ch. 22) in Dayton, WSYXTV (ABC Ch. 6) in Columbus, WLIO-TV (FOX Ch. 8.2) in Lima, WDKY-TV FOX Ch. 56) in Lexington, Ky. and WDRB-TV (FOX Ch. 41) in Louisville, Ky.
Radio Broadcast: Coverage on the Bengals Radio Network, led by a “triple-cast” on Cincinnati flagship stations WLW-AM (700, The Big One), WCKY-AM (ESPN 1530; sports) and WEBN-FM (102.7). Broadcasters are Dan Hoard (play-byplay) and Dave Lapham (analyst).
Colts SB Nation: Stampede Blue (@StampedeBlue)
Weather: 76 degrees and clear [Weather Underground]
Odds: Cincinnati - 4 (SB Nation)
- The Bengals waived WR Brandon Tate on Tuesday. Tate is the Bengals all time leader in return yardage.
- Andrew Billing was placed on Injured Reserve Tuesday, making him ineligible for return off the IR list.
- Cincinnati vs Indianapolis is the closest geographical rivalry among cities in the AFC.
- The Bengals have won 10 of the last 12 preseason meetings, as well as three straight.
- Andy Dalton and Peyton Manning are the only NFL QBs to pass for 3000 or more yards in each of their first five seasons.
- Dalton’s career 14.5-to-1 ratio of TD passes to INTs (87-6) in the red zone ranks sixth among active NFL passers.
- Though the Bengals and Colts are not division rivals, they have met every year but one in preseason since 1992
- Pagano has led the Colts to a 41-23 record over his four seasons (2012-15) in Indianapolis. His .641 winning percentage ranks fourth among active head coaches in the NFL.
- The Colts have won 16 consecutive Divisional games, an NFL record for any division.
- Indianapolis General Manager Ryan Grigson was selected by Cincinnati in the sixth round (175th overall) of the 1995 NFL Draft.
- Bengals offensive assistant/wide receivers coach Dan Pitcher served for the Indianapolis Colts as a scouting assistant from 2012-13 and as a pro scout from 2014-15.
- In Week 1 of 2015 Andrew Luck became the third fastest quarterback to 13,000 career passing yards.