The Bengals hit the road for their regular-season opener and returned to Cincinnati with a 1-0 record. It was a tough win that required a total team effort from the first minute to the last. Who played most and who played least and what does it all mean? We break that down below with the offensive and defensive snap counts.
- Michael Johnson played 85 percent of defensive snaps, more than any other defensive lineman.
- Rey Maualuga hardly played in the game, recording only 8 snaps and no statistics. It's unclear at this point if there was a reason for that beyond the game not being the best scheme fit for his services.
- All of the starting offensive lineman played 100 percent of the offensive snaps.
- C.J. Uzomah got the start and large majority of the tight end snaps with Tyler Eifert out and Tyler Kroft playing for the first time since his training camp knee injury. Uzomah actually performed pretty well and was a contributor to the win with two catches for 59 yards.
- Tyler Boyd played 77 percent of offensive snaps, the most of any rookie.
- Jeremy Hill and Giovani Bernard had a very even split of the carries with Hill recording 51 percent and Bernard 49.
- The defensive line saw heavy rotation with each active player seeing playing time. Will Clarke saw the least time on the defensive line with just 12 snaps while Margus Hunt played 30 defensive snaps, or 42 percent of defensive snaps taken.
- The defense was on the field for more snaps than the offense. The offensive total snap count was 57 while the defensive total snap count was 71.
- Karlos Dansby had quite a day and looks to be an impact played on this defense. He played 100 percent of the snaps and recorded a team and game high, 11 tackles.
Here's the full Bengals snap count breakdown for Week 1:
|Position||Player||Snap Count||Percentage of Time|
|Offensive Line||Kevin Zeitler||57||100%|
|Tight Ends||Tyler Eifert||INACTIVE||INACTIVE|
|Wide receiver||A.J. Green||54||95%|
|Running back||Jeremy Hill||29||51%|
|Defensive tackle||Geno Atkins||52||73%|
|Defensive end||Margus Hunt||30||42%|