The Bengals suffered their first loss of the 2016 season on Sunday in a hard-fought clash with the Steelers.
After a Week 1 win that saw some eye-opening snap counts, we saw things get back to normal in Week 2. It's time to break down the offensive and defensive snap counts from the Bengals' latest contest.
- Kevin Zeitler was the only starter on the offensive to miss a single snap.
- Andy Dalton played every snap, despite a noticeable limp during the third quarter and in the postgame locker room. The fact that he finished the game bodes well for his chances of playing next week.
- The Bengals had a total of just four snaps from backup offensive lineman on Sunday. The jumbo sets and extra tackle formations were used very rarely.
- C.J. Uzomah and Tyler Kroft had a 50-50 split of tight end reps, though some formations had both guys in. Even with Kroft back from his injury, Uzomah has done enough to hold him off for the starting gig.
- Because the Bengals spent a lot of the second half playing from behind, Giovani Bernard ended up getting more snaps and finished with 18 more snaps than Jeremy Hill.
- After playing just eight snaps last week, Rey Maualuga played in 47 snaps this week. Vincent Rey still managed to play every defensive snap, while Karlos Dansby was in for 78-percent of the time.
- Josh Shaw's big Week 1 performance only earned him 17 snaps this week, whereas Darqueze Dennard got 28 snaps in his first game back from an ankle injury that sidelined him for the past month.
Here's the full Bengals snap count breakdown for Week 2:
|Position||Player||Snap Count||Percentage of Time|
|Offensive Line||Kevin Zeitler||75||99|
|Tight Ends||Tyler Eifert||INACTIVE||INACTIVE|
|Wide Receiver||A.J. Green||72||95|
|Running Back||Jeremy Hill||29||38|
|Defensive Tackle||Geno Atkins||51||69|
|Defensive End||Margus Hunt||37||50|