The Bengals and Broncos have no coaching connections, which are often commonplace in the NFL, but two two teams do have many players who were teammates in college and elsewhere in the NFL. Additionally, Domata Peko’s cousin Kyle Peko was on the Broncos’ 53-man roster for the first two weeks of the NFL season, but was waived and added to the practice squad this week. Here’s the list of connections between the Bengals and Broncos.
- Denver NT Sylvester Williams spent two seasons (2011-12) at North Carolina with Bengals RB Giovani Bernard and C Russell Bodine.
- Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas (2007-08) was Georgia Tech teammates with Bengals DE Michael Johnson.
- Denver S Darian Stewart played at South Carolina for one season (2009) with Cincinnati C T.J. Johnson.
- Denver DE Derek Wolfe spent one season (2008) at Cincinnati with Bengals P Kevin Huber.
- Broncos C Matt Paradis (2010-11) and DE Billy Winn (2008-11) were Boise State teammates with Cincinnati S George Iloka.
- Broncos FB Andy Janovich played at Nebraska with Cincinnati HB Rex Burkhead (2012) and LB Trevor Roach (2012-14).
- Denver WR Bennie Fowler and Bengals CB Darqueze Dennard played four years together at Michigan State (2010-13).
- Broncos OL Darrion Weems was Oregon teammates with Cincinnati OT Jake Fisher during the 2011 season.
- Broncos S Will Parks and Cincinnati LB Marquis Flowers were Arizona teammates for two seasons (2012-13).
Former NFL teammates/coaching connections
- Broncos Head Coach Gary Kubiak coached Bengals LS Clark Harris (2008) and T Eric Winston (2006-11) as the head coach in Houston.
- Winston was also coached by Denver offensive coordinator Rick Dennison in Houston from 2010-11.
- Broncos T Donald Stephenson played with Winston in Kansas City during the 2012 season.
- Denver OLB DeMarcus Ware played in Dallas with Bengals CB Adam Jones.
- Denver defensive coordinator Wade Phillips also coached Jones in Dallas in 2008 when he was the Cowboys head coach.
- Broncos CB Aqib Talib spent the 2009 season in Tampa Bay with Bengals K Mike Nugent.
- Broncos S Darian Stewart and Cincinnati CB Chykie Brown played seven games together in Baltimore during the 2014 season.
- Denver QB Austin Davis (2015) and DE Billy Winn (2014-15) were teammates at Cleveland with Bengals LB Karlos Dansby.
- Broncos defensive line Coach Bill Kollar and Cincinnati offensive coordinator Ken Zampese were a part of the same St. Louis coaching staff for two seasons (2001-02).
- Denver wide receivers coach Tyke Tolbert and Bengals special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons were members of the Carolina Panthers' coaching staff during the 2010 season.
Bengals who were Broncos
- Bengals defensive line coach Jacob Burney held the same title in Denver for seven seasons (2002-08).
Broncos who were Bengals
- Broncos defensive line coach Bill Kollar was drafted by the Bengals in 1974 (first round, No. 23 overall) and played with the team from 1974-1976.
- Denver DE Derek Wolfe attended the University of Cincinnati from 2008-11.
- Broncos WR Cody Latimer is from Dayton, Ohio.
- Broncos CB Bradley Roby shares Suwanee, Ga., as his hometown with Bengals S Derron Smith and TE C.J. Uzomah.
- Roby (2011-13) and Broncos TE Jeff Heuerman (2011-13) played at Ohio State.
- Denver outside linebackers coach Fred Pagac coached in multiple positions at Ohio State from 1978- 2000 and also played there.
- Bengals H-Back Ryan Hewitt is from Denver and played under Broncos radio play-by-play talent Dave Logan at Mullen High School, helping the Mustangs win the 2008 5A State Championship.
- Broncos OT Justin Murray (practice squad) is from Cincinnati (Sycamore High School) and played at the University of Cincinnati.
- Broncos WRs coach Tyke Tolbert coached at Ohio University in 1995.
- Broncos NT Kyle Peko, who’s on the practice squad, is a cousin to Bengals DT Domata Peko.