Despite beating the Cleveland Browns in Week 12 and improving to 5-3 over their last eight games, oddsmakers still believe Pittsburgh is significantly better than Cincinnati. The Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook has the Steelers tabbed as a seven-point favorite when they face the Bengals on Monday Night Football in Week 13.
It’s a risky line for several reasons. One is that Cincinnati has lost to Pittsburgh at home by more than seven points just twice in the last nine meetings in Paul Brown Stadium.
One of the times that did happen was when Andy Dalton suffered a thumb injury late in the 2015 season, allowing the Steelers to escape with a 33-20 win. The other was a 42-21 win by Pittsburgh in 2014, a game in which Cincinnati led going into the fourth quarter.
Of those nine contests, Cincinnati has just two wins, so it’s fair for the Steelers to be favored. Still, seven points is very big, especially in a rivalry that’s seen so many close games in Paul Brown Stadium.
Here are all of the NFL Week 13 opening odds and over/unders:
- Redskins at Cowboys (-1, 44)
- Lions at Ravens (OFF)
- 49ers at Bears (-5, 39.5)
- Vikings at Falcons (-3, 47.5)
- Patriots at Bills (+9, 49)
- Broncos at Dolphins (-1, 38)
- Texans at Titans (OFF)
- Colts at Jaguars (-9.5, 41)
- Buccaneers at Packers (Pick 'em, no over/under set as of Monday)
- Chiefs at Jets (+5, 44)
- Panthers at Saints (-4, 47.5)
- Browns at Chargers (-13, 42.5
- Rams at Cardinals (+7, 45.5)
- Giants at Raiders (-7.5, 41)
- Eagles at Seahawks (+3, 48)
- Steelers at Bengals (+7, no over/under set as of Monday)