Currently it seems like the odds and experts agree that the Bengals walking away with a win will be no easy task. The Bengals struggled last week with the Colts. The Jaguars defense is pretty much one of the best in the league against the pass. Not just because of Jalen Ramsey and A.J. Bouye, but because of their pass rush who has 33 total sacks, which includes two 10 sack games.
The Bengals will have to prove they can give Andy Dalton some time in the pocket if the Bengals hope to win this game. They should also give the Jaguars a healthy dose of Joe Mixon since their rush defense ranks last in the league.
The Bengals got away with one last week. This week they will have to play one of their best games of the season.
It shouldn’t be too surprising that the Jaguars are favored by so much. The Bengals struggled to barely get past the Colts last week. Meanwhile, the Jaguars defense has 33 sacks so far this year, and could easily make it a long day for Andy Dalton on Sunday.
Betting trends for both teams
- The total has gone under in 11 of Cincinnati's last 15 games
- Cincinnati is 4-1 against the spread in its last five games on the road
- Cincinnati is 2-8 straight up in its last 10 games on the road
- The total has gone under in five of Cincinnati's last seven games on the road
- Cincinnati is 4-1 straight up in its last five games when playing Jacksonville
- Cincinnati is 3-5-1 against the spread in its last nine games when playing on the road against Jacksonville
- Cincinnati is 2-7 straight up in its last nine games when playing on the road against Jacksonville
- Jacksonville is 7-3 against the spread in its last 10 games
- Jacksonville is 5-13 straight up in its last 18 games
- The total has gone over in four of Jacksonville's last six games
- Jacksonville is 2-6 against the spread in its last eight games at home
- Jacksonville is 2-6 straight up in its last eight games at home
- The total has gone over in five of Jacksonville's last five games at home
- Jacksonville is 0-3-2 against the spread in its last five games when playing Cincinnati
- Jacksonville is 1-4 straight up in its last five games when playing Cincinnati
- Jacksonville is 1-3-1 against the spread in its last five games when playing at home against Cincinnati
- Jacksonville is 7-2 straight up in its last 9 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
Expert picks from Jaguars vs Bengals
- CBS Sports had two of their eight experts pick the Bengals.
- Nine of ESPN’s 10 experts picked the Jaguars to defeat the Bengals
- Fox Sports is projecting a 20.3 to 23.7 loss for the Bengals.
- SB Nation has all of their experts going with the Jaguars
- NFL Pick Watch, which takes into account picks from experts across the internet currently have 93 percent of picks going towards the Jaguars
This is a huge game for the Bengals. If they can get back up to .500 before playing the Titans, Broncos and Browns, it could give them actual hope for a post season berth. The odds are stacked against them though this week.