The Bengals and Lions are set to face off on Sunday.
The Bengals are looking to pull off the upset to take some pride going into the offseason, but the oddsmakers and experts don’t see that as a real possibility. Most experts picked the Lions after the Bengals have been shut down for two straight weeks.
Meanwhile, the Lions have been playing most of their opponents very closely the past few games, but they have won the past two weeks. The experts and oddsmakers don’t give the Bengals much of a shot, but that will make an upset that much more satisfying.
According Bovada , the Bengals are currently four-point underdogs against the Lions. The line has grown since the Bengals opened up at three-point underdogs at home.
It is kind of weird since the Bengals have actually gotten more healthy since the opening line came out. Players like Joe Mixon and Vontaze Burfict seem to be ready to return to play this week.
The over/under is currently set at 44 total points, according to Odds Sharks. It seems like this should be an easy line for these two teams to cross. The Bengals will have Mixon back who can help this offense at least be competent, and the Lions have a terrible pass defense.
The Bengals aren’t much better as they allowed the past two teams to steamroll over them.
Betting trends for both teams
- Cincinnati is 4-2 against the spread in its last six games
- Cincinnati is 2-5 straight up in its last seven games
- Cincinnati is 4-1 against the spread in its last five games when playing Detroit
- Cincinnati is 5-0 straight up in its last five games when playing Detroit
- The total has gone over in four of Cincinnati's last five games when playing Detroit
- Detroit is 5-2 straight up in its last seven games
- The total has gone over in five of Detroit's last seven games
- Detroit is 5-2 straight up in its last seven games on the road
- The total has gone over in four of Detroit's last five games on the road
- Detroit is 1-4 against the spread in its last five games when playing Cincinnati
- Detroit is 0-5 straight up in its last five games when playing Cincinnati
- The total has gone over in four of Detroit's last five games when playing Cincinnati
Expert picks from Bengals vs Lions
- Only one of CBS Sports’ eight experts picked the Bengals to win over the Lions
- One of ESPN’s nine experts picked the Bengals
- FOX Sports projects a 25.1-24.1 victory for the Lions
- NFL Pick Watch, which takes into account picks from around the web, only has eight percent of experts picking the Bengals.