The good news though is that the Bengals went through the same thing last week when almost everyone picked the Lions to pull off the upset. The Bengals have a fairly good history against the Ravens, but will they be able to repeat history one more time and prove the experts wrong?
According Bovada, the Bengals are currently 10-point underdogs heading into Baltimore. The line hasn’t moved since the odds came out, which isn’t surprising with the status of players like Joe Mixon and Jeremy Maclin still up in the air for both teams. It does seem a little heavy handed to have the Ravens as double digit favorites even if they are at home. They only beat the Colts by seven points last week.
The over/under is set at 40 total points as well, according to Odds Sharks. This is surprisingly high, unless odds makers expect the Ravens to score most of that themselves.
The last time the Ravens were involved in a game that went over 40 total points where one team didn’t score at least 35 points was seven games ago. Then again the Bengals last five games have gone over 40 total points.
The only other reason this line is weird is because the last time these two teams met they only scored half of that.
Betting trends for both teams
- Cincinnati is 5-2 against the spread in its last seven games
- Cincinnati is 6-3 against the spread in its last nine games on the road
- Cincinnati is 1-4 straight up in its last five games on the road
- The total has gone under in 12 of Cincinnati's last 18 games on the road
- Cincinnati is 6-2 straight up in its last eight games when playing Baltimore
- Cincinnati is 8-16-1 against the spread in its last 25 games when playing on the road against Baltimore
- Cincinnati is 7-18 straight up in its last 25 games when playing on the road against Baltimore
- The total has gone under in seven of Cincinnati's last 10 games when playing on the road against Baltimore
- Baltimore is 4-2 against the spread in its last six games
- Baltimore is 5-1 straight up in its last six games
- Baltimore is 2-4 against the spread in its last six games at home
- Baltimore is 10-2 straight up in its last 12 games at home
- Baltimore is 2-6 straight up in its last eight games when playing Cincinnati
- Baltimore is 18-7 straight ip in its last 25 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
- The total has gone under in seven of Baltimore's last 10 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
Expert picks from Bengals at Ravens
- CBS Sports has two experts picking the Bengals over the Ravens
- All eight of ESPN’s experts picked the Ravens
- Fox Sports projects a 21.5-24.2 loss for the Bengals
- NFL Pick Watch, which takes into account picks from experts across the internet, only has the Bengals receiving four percent of the picks.