The Bengals will be looking to shake off their loss to the Steelers with a trip from the Bears to town. These two teams don’t see each other that much at all. In fact they seem to only meet every four years.
The Bengals are dealing with injuries across their defense with players like Vontaze Burfict, Adam Jones, Darqueze Dennard, Dre Kirkpatrick and Shawn WIlliams all dealing with injuries. Whether they practice on Friday should have a huge impact on this game.
The Bears have lost five games in a row. Including last week when they lost to the 49ers. It feels like the Bengals can’t lose this game, but it would be a fitting ending to this season and all hopes of playoffs to lose to the (3-9) Bears.
Although the experts and odds makers don’t see that happening.
According to Bovada, the Bengals are a 6.5-point favorite against the Bears on Sunday. The line hasn’t moved since the it opened. That is a little surprising since plenty of stuff has happened with the Bengals’ roster since then. George Iloka had his suspension overturned, and it feels like half of the Bengals’ defense is missing practice with some form of injury.
The over/under is set at 38.5 points this week, according to Odds Sharks. That could end up being an easy hill to get over for these teams. If A.J. Green has a good outing and with six Bengals starting defenders ruled out, we could be looking at a game where both teams get or are very close to scoring 20 points each.
Betting trends for both teams
- Cincinnati is 4-1 against the spread in its last five games
- The total has gone over in five of Cincinnati's last seven games
- Cincinnati is 5-1-1 against the spread in its last seven games when playing Chicago
- Cincinnati is 4-2 straight up in its last six games when playing Chicago
- Chicago is 1-3-1 against the spread in its last five games
- Chicago is 0-5 straight up in its last five games
- The total has gone under in 4 of Chicago's last six games
- Chicago is 4-9 against the spread in its last 13 games on the road
- Chicago is 1-12 straight up in its last 13 games on the road
- Chicago is 1-5-1 against the spread in its last seven games when playing Cincinnati
- Chicago is 2-4 straight up in its last six games when playing Cincinnati
Experts picks from Bengals vs Bears
- CBS Sports has seven of their eight experts taking the Bengals
- ESPN has all 10 of their experts picking the Bengals over the Bears
- Fox Sports is projecting a 23.8 to 21.2 victory for the Bengals
- NFL Pick Watch, which takes into account picks from all experts across the web, has 96 percent of picks going to the Bengals.