The Cincinnati Bengals are continuing their campaign to honor the franchise’s all-time greats.
On Thursday, the team announced that 24 Bengals Legends, including 13 members of the Bengals First 50, are scheduled to be recognized during halftime ceremonies during the team’s matchups with the Baltimore Ravens and Houston Texans.
Both games occur during a five-day span to open the regular season. The Ravens game comes on Sunday, Sept. 10. Four days later, the Bengals host the Texans for Thursday Night Football on Sept. 14.
Here is a list of the Bengals being honored during the Ravens game (spot on Bengals First 50 in parentheses):
- Ken Anderson, QB, 1971-86 (No. 2)
- Isaac Curtis, WR, 1973-84 (No. 9)
- Ken Riley, CB, 1969-83 (No. 11)
- Lemar Parrish, CB-PR-KOR, 1970-77 (No. 16)
- Louis Breeden, CB, 1977-87 (No. 28)
- Mike Reid, DT, 1970-74 (No. 39)
- Ross Browner, DE, 1978-86 (No. 43)
- Ken Avery, LB, 1969-74
- Al Beauchamp, LB, 1968-75
- Solomon Brannan, DB, 1968
- Gary Burley, DE, 1975-83
- Turk Schonert, QB, 1980-85, ’87-89
- John Stofa, QB, 1968-69
Here are the Bengals being honored during the Texans game:
- Chad Johnson, WR, 2001-10 (No. 4)
- Cris Collinsworth, WR, 1981-88 (No. 7)
- Max Montoya, G-OT, 1979-89 (No. 13)
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR-PR, 2001-08 (No. 27)
- Bill Bergey, LB, 1969-73 (No. 32)
- Rich Braham, C-G, 1994-06 (No. 38)
- Ken Blackman, G, 1996-99
- Neal Craig, S, 1971-73
- Jonathan Fanene, DE-DT, 2005-11
- Corey Mays, LB, 2007-08
- Shaun Smith, DT, 2004-06, ‘09
*Bengals Legends being honored are subject to change.
The list is comprised of Bengals legends and players who’ve recently played for the franchise. That’s how lesser-known Bengals like Corey Mays and Shaun Smith made it on here, but everyone will be focused on all-time greats like Ken Anderson and Chad Johnson being honored.
The Bengals regular season kicks off with back-to-back home games for the first time since 1983. Fifth Third Bank will make “Opening Week” a Fifth Third better with giveaways at both games. 10,000 fans at the Ravens game will receive an exclusive Bengals 50th season hat courtesy of Fifth Third Bank.
Fifth Third Bank will give orange rally towels with the 50th season logo to all fans at the Texans game as they enter the gates, while supplies last. Fans can also take advantage of the “Opening Week” two-game ticket pack, which features both the Ravens and Texans games. Ticket packs are available on all three levels of Paul Brown Stadium and offer discounted pricing over single game tickets.
The Ravens game is the Bengals’ first regular season home opener since 2009. The Bengals All-50th Team banners, which feature two Super Bowl head coaches and 26 retired players, will be unveiled at this game.
The Texans game kicks off the NFL’s Thursday Night Football package and marks the only time this season the Bengals will wear Color Rush jerseys.