In light of the franchise’s 50th season, the Cincinnati Bengals are continuing their campaign to honor the franchise’s all-time greats.
That will occur throughout the regular season and feature Bengals Legends being recognized during halftime ceremonies. The regular season kicks off with back-to-back home games for the first time since 1983, including matchups with the Baltimore Ravens on Sept. 10 (1 p.m.), followed by the Houston Texans on Sept. 14 (8:25 p.m.).
Below is an updated list of Bengals Legends being recognized during the first two home games. Takeo Spikes has been added to the Texans game. Mike Reid, originally scheduled for the Ravens game, will be honored at a future game this year.
Here is a list of the Bengals being honored during the Ravens game (spot on Bengals First 50 in parentheses):
- Ken Anderson, QB, 1971-86 (No. 2)
- Isaac Curtis, WR, 1973-84 (No. 9)
- Ken Riley, CB, 1969-83 (No. 11)
- Lemar Parrish, CB-PR-KOR, 1970-77 (No. 16)
- Louis Breeden, CB, 1977-87 (No. 28)
- Ross Browner, DE, 1978-86 (No. 43)
- Ken Avery, LB, 1969-74
- Al Beauchamp, LB, 1968-75
- Solomon Brannan, DB, 1968
- Gary Burley, DE, 1975-83
- Turk Schonert, QB, 1980-85, ’87-89
- John Stofa, QB, 1968-69
Here are the Bengals being honored during the Texans game:
- Chad Johnson, WR, 2001-10 (No. 4)
- Cris Collinsworth, WR, 1981-88 (No. 7)
- Max Montoya, G-OT, 1979-89 (No. 13)
- Takeo Spikes, LB, 1998-02 (No. 19)
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR-PR, 2001-08 (No. 27)
- Bill Bergey, LB, 1969-73 (No. 32)
- Rich Braham, C-G, 1994-06 (No. 38)
- Ken Blackman, G, 1996-99
- Neal Craig, S, 1971-73
- Jonathan Fanene, DE-DT, 2005-11
- Corey Mays, LB, 2007-08
- Shaun Smith, DT, 2004-06, ‘09
Bengals Legends will sign autographs at the Bengals Pro Shop the day before every home game at 11:30 a.m. ET and in the Jungle Zone on game day two hours prior to kick-off. Autographs will be available on a first come, first serve basis and are limited to one per person. No photos with the Bengals Legends are permitted.