The Cincinnati Bengals had a low-key practice on Friday night that featured a lot of special teams work. That was in preparation for today’s live scrimmage inside Paul Brown Stadium for Family Day!
It’s sure to be one of the best training camp sessions of the year and serves as a sort of dress rehearsal for next Friday’s preseason game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, also at Paul Brown Stadium.
The Bengals will be broken into two teams for today’s practice: a white jersey team and a black jersey team and will play against one another in an effort to prepare for the preseason.
On Friday, the Bengals got back Derron Smith after about a week-long absence due to an ankle injury. Joe Mixon also hit the field after going down with a minor heel injury on Thursday. Those were both great pieces of news heading into the weekend.
Injuries to monitor:
- George Iloka is expected to be out for about a month recovering from a knee injury.
- Wide receiver Jake Kumerow is dealing with an ankle injury and hasn’t practiced since the first day of camp.
- Linebacker P.J. Dawson is in an arm cast and hasn’t practiced since Tuesday.
- Wide receiver Chris Brown, offensive lineman T.J. Johnson, cornerback Tony McRae, and defensive tackle David Dean are dealing with undisclosed injuries
- Running back Cedric Peerman is on the Non-Football Injury (NFI) list with a hamstring injury.
- Safety Brandon Wilson is on the NFI list with a knee injury.
Today’s practice begins at 1:00 p.m. ET (though players are expected to take the field at 12:30 p.m. ET) and will run through about 2:30 p.m. ET. at which point autograph signings will begin.
Follow along via the Twitter list below for updates straight from the field and we’ll have more during and after practice, so stay tuned to CincyJungle.com!
If you do not see the Twitter widget above, please access this article by going straight to CincyJungle.com. If the comments section does not immediately load, please just give it a minute due to the amount of images/videos in the Twitter stream.