Training camp is winding down for the Cincinnati Bengals as the preseason begins for the team on Friday night at Paul Brown Stadium. Monday will signal the third to last open-to-the-public practice of the year.
This week will serve as preparation for Friday night’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, as well as continued practice for the 2017 regular season.
After a day off on Sunday, the team is ready to go for Monday and there are a few injuries to monitor to see who gets back on the field as the first preseason game nears. While one starter is currently injured (George Iloka), the preseason is more important for backups and bubble players, which is the category that the rest of the injured players fall into. Every day of camp is important for bubble players, so these guys are surely looking to make it back onto the field as soon as possible.
Injuries of note:
- Iloka is expected to be out for few more weeks while recovering from a knee injury.
- Wide receiver Jake Kumerow is dealing with an ankle injury and hasn’t practiced since the first day of camp.
- Linebacker P.J. Dawson has an arm injury and hasn’t practiced since last Tuesday.
- Wide receiver Chris Brown, offensive lineman T.J. Johnson, cornerback Tony McRae, and defensive tackle David Dean are dealing with undisclosed injuries and didn’t participate in Saturday’s scrimmage as well as other practices last week.
- Running back Cedric Peerman remains on the Non-Football Injury (NFI) list with a hamstring injury.
- Safety Brandon Wilson is on the NFI list with a knee injury.
Today’s practice begins at 3:00 p.m. ET and will run through about 4:45 p.m. ET. at which point autograph signings will begin.
Follow along via the Twitter list below for updates straight from the field and we’ll have more during and after practice, so stay tuned to CincyJungle.com!
If you do not see the Twitter widget above, please access this article by going straight to CincyJungle.com. If the comments section does not immediately load, please just give it a minute due to the amount of images/videos in the Twitter stream.