Cincinnati Bengals training camp draws to a close today with an abbreviated practice that will serve as a walkthrough for Friday night’s preseason opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
The big news from Tuesday at training camp was Marvin Lewis’ “minor health issue” which kept him away from practice. He returned later on Tuesday night and says he has no limitations in continuing on.
Wide receiver Jake Kumerow who was dealing with an ankle injury and hasn’t practiced since the first day of camp was waived on Wednesday. To take his roster spot, the Bengals signed first-year punter Will Monday.
Injuries of note:
- Iloka is expected to be out for few more weeks while recovering from a knee injury.
- Linebacker P.J. Dawson has an arm injury and hasn’t practiced since last Tuesday.
- Running back Cedric Peerman remains on the Non-Football Injury (NFI) list with a hamstring injury.
- Safety Brandon Wilson is on the NFI list with a knee injury.
- Andre Smith is dealing with an elbow injury and missed Tuesday’s practice as well as parts of Monday’s.
Today’s practice begins at 3:15 p.m. ET and will run through about 4:00 p.m. ET. It will be the shortest practice of camp.
Follow along via the Twitter list below for updates straight from the field and we’ll have more during and after practice, so stay tuned to CincyJungle.com!
If you do not see the Twitter widget above, please access this article by going straight to CincyJungle.com. If the comments section does not immediately load, please just give it a minute due to the amount of images/videos in the Twitter stream.