As of the creation of the Cincinnati Bengal’s 53-man roster on Saturday afternoon, cornerback Adam Jones and linebacker Vontaze Burfict are now officially on the Reserve/Suspended by the Commissioner list.
What does that mean?
Here’s a list of things Jones cannot do before the Monday heading into Week 2 and Burfict cannot do before the Monday heading into Week 4.
Suspension List Rules:
- Cannot attend or watch practice.
- Cannot be present at Paul Brown Stadium.
- Cannot have any contact with any Bengals personnel or Bengals teammates.
- Cannot exchange game plans, playbooks, plays or videos on any electronic device relating to the Bengals.
- Cannot engage in football-related activities, workouts or discussions with teammates, even off-site.
- Cannot attend NFL games, even as spectator, including road games.
- Cannot attend news conferences of any kind relating to the Bengals or NFL.
Burfict and Jones can workout on their own, which they’ll hopefully be doing to stay in game-shape and be ready for action upon their return. That’s especially important for Jones who will need to get ready fast for the Bengals’ Week 2 game on Thursday Night Football.
The Bengals currently have 52 players on the roster, with one spot open for the time being. The thought is the Bengals will keep that spot open in Week 1 for Jones so that no player needs to be waived upon his return. When Burfict returns in Week 4, the Bengals will need to waive a player to make room, assuming the roster is at 53 players by Week 2.