Since January 9th, 2016, frustration levels with the Bengals have been at all-time highs. This is saying something given the 12-year span from 1991-2002, but unfulfilled potential coupled with little change at major personnel positions this offseason has led to a boiling point.
Unfortunately, with what has transpired the past couple of days and what is still ahead, there are more questions than answers. We attempted to answer the following ones this week:
- Did the final two wins, in which the Bengals eliminated playoff contenders, play a role into Mike Brown bringing back Marvin Lewis?
- Was Marvin Lewis getting extended the plan the whole time?
- The Bengals are keeping a good portion of their assistants, but two high-profile ones are leaving. Are they better off as a team because of it? Who might be their replacements?
- Does the retaining of Lewis and Bill Lazor mean that Andy Dalton is the continuing long-term answer at quarterback? If not, might the Bengals look for another star in this year’s deep draft class?
- What should be the plan with Tyler Eifert this offseason?
You can join us for every live recording of every episode here at Cincy Jungle or by joining other Bengals fans in the YouTube chat. We appreciate all of your comments, questions and support—Happy 2018!
If you’re unable to join us live, all Orange and Black Insider content is here on Cincy Jungle, as well as on our SoundCloud and YouTube channels, and on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!