It’s been a tough two weeks for the Cincinnati Bengals, but they have a shot to get to a respectable 5-3 at the bye week. That period of rest is needed, as the team is really limping right now.
On this week’s Orange and Black Insider, the crew takes a look at some of the major problems the team is facing and offers up possible solutions. We also had Gene Thomas of the “BucWhatYaHeard” podcast to give us an entertaining look at Week 8 between the Buccaneers and the Bengals.
Here is some of what was on tap for discussion this week:
- How much are the injuries to blame for the recent struggles?
- Is Marvin Lewis or Teryl Austin more of a scapegoat for the two-game losing streak?
- Do the Bengals need to re-assess their free agency and draft-centric approaches in the offseason?
- Are some of the recent high draft picks truly pulling their weight?
- What has been the difference for the Buccaneers between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jameis Winston under center?
- Is Ronald Jones II poised to start breaking out his rookie year?
All of this, plus listener questions! Since we also had Scott Schulze back, we got a little Fantasy Football insider info as well. Our thanks to those who submitted questions and called in, as well to everyone who tuned in live. Join us every episode!
If you’re unable to join us live for here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, as well as on our SoundCloud, Stitcher, through the Google Play Music app and YouTube channels, as well as on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at email@example.com. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels!