For the second year in a row, the Bengals’ regular-season finale will be flexed into the late afternoon.
To ensure NFL teams are staying competitive and don’t learn their postseason fate before playing their final game, Cincinnati’s matchup with the Steelers has been moved to 4:25 PM EST. Pittsburgh still has a shot at making the playoffs, but they need the Browns to beat the Ravens. That game will also be in the late afternoon time slot.
Last year, Bengals vs. Ravens was moved into the late afternoon slot to ensure the Ravens faced Cincinnati before their postseason fate was known. At that point, Baltimore had to beat Cincinnati to get into the playoffs, which the Bengals ultimately prevented.
This year, the Bengals will look to do the same, as a win over the Steelers would knock them out of the playoffs. However, the Steelers need a win and a Ravens loss to win the AFC North and make the playoffs.
Pittsburgh and Baltimore cannot make the playoffs as Wild Card teams. Either they win the division, or they sit at home for the postseason.
Here’s a look at the NFL Week 17 schedule:
- Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 PM FOX
- Carolina Panthers at New Orleans Saints 1:00 PM FOX
- Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants 1:00 PM FOX
- Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers 1:00 PM FOX
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans 1:00 PM CBS
- Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills 1:00 PM CBS
- New York Jets at New England Patriots 1:00 PM CBS
- Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs* 1:00 or 4:25 PM CBS
- Arizona Cardinals at Seattle Seahawks 4:25 PM FOX
- Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings 4:25 PM FOX
- Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers 4:25 PM CBS
- Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens 4:25 PM CBS
- Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos 4:25 PM CBS
- Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Redskins 4:25 PM FOX
- San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams 4:25 PM FOX
- Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans 8:20 PM NBC