The Bengals appear to be ramping up for the activities that coincide with the onset of a new league year, but cynicism is still permeating through the fan base. Whether it was the uninspiring return of Marvin Lewis as head coach or Mike Brown’s recent comments pointing to the status quo, the Bengals appear to be set in their ways.
Scott Schulze and I talked about the recent happenings with the club and around the league, as free agency and the draft linger around the corner. Here are some of the topics we touched on this week:
- Mike Brown recently spoke candidly to the Cincinnati media and some of his quotes weren’t very inspiring. Are we hoping for too much when it comes to major changes this offseason?
- What does Alex Smith’s trade to Washington mean for the Bengals and their quarterbacks? Should we begin to value Andy Dalton a bit higher than we have, given Smith’s perceived value by the Redskins?
- Jeremy Hill recently tweeted out a highlight video seeming to say goodbye to the Bengals. Were the struggles he experienced after his explosive rookie year a product of him getting into his own head, or was roster attrition, three offensive coordinator changes and scheme changes to blame?
- The Bengals are talking about making Andre Smith and Russell Bodine as offseason priorities to re-sign. Yeesh.
- Cincinnati hasn’t had a return for a touchdown on special teams since 2012. Might there be changes forthcoming at that spot with John Ross returning in 2018 and other exciting players on the roster?
Thanks to those of you who joined live and submitted questions. Join us every episode to have yours answered on the air!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, as well as on our SoundCloud and YouTube channels, and on iTunes! You can tweet us@BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!