It’s free agency season in the NFL and while we wait for the Bengals to make moves, rumors are heating up across the league. Keep track here for all the latest developments relating to the Bengals and AFC North.
- The Patriots could reportedly be interested in AJ McCarron at the right price.
Keep an eye on the Patriots for AJ McCarron if the price is right.— Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) March 14, 2018
- The Browns are signing former Bengals DE Chris Smith to a 3-year, $14 million deal
Bengals want to re-sign DE Chris Smith
- Bengals wanted to re-sign OL Andre Smith but that plan is now off with the trade for Cordy Glenn.
Per the Bengals' team website: "looks like right tackle Andre Smith is no longer in their free agency plans."— Rebecca Toback (@Rebecca_Toback) March 13, 2018
- Broncos may target Bengals free agent QB AJ McCarron if Kirk Cousins doesn’t sign with Denver.
- Bengals will not pick up CB Adam Jones’ option, he will hit free agency if not re-signed by Wednesday (3/9)
- Bengals sign DT Chris Baker (3/7)
- Bengals sign OL Bobby Hart (2/14)
Bengals free agents 2018
|Player||Position||Age||2017 Team||2018 Team||2018 Contract|
|Player||Position||Age||2017 Team||2018 Team||2018 Contract|
|Andre Smith||G||30||Bengals||Cardinals||2 years, $8 million with an additional $2.2 million in incentives|
|Kevin Huber||P||32||Bengals||Bengals||3-years, $7.95 million with incentives up to $8.75 million|
|Tyler Eifert||TE||27||Bengals||Bengals||1-year, up to $8 million|
|Jeremy Hill||RB||25||Bengals||Patriots||1-year, $1.5 million with only $150,000 guaranteed|
|Russell Bodine||C||25||Bengals||Bills||2-years, $10 million|
|Chris Smith||DE||26||Bengals||Browns||3 years, $12,000,000|
|AJ McCarron||QB||27||Bengals||Bills||2-years, $10 million with an additional $6.5 million in incentives|
AFC North news:
Steelers cut William Gay
The team releasing Gay saves $1.75 million against the cap. Gay had 12 interceptions and eight forced fumbles in 10 seasons with Pittsburgh. More cuts coming in Pittsburgh due to the team's tight salary cap.— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 12, 2018
Steelers place second round tender on Chris Boswell
Ravens parting ways with Lardarius Webb
Lardarius Webb out in Baltimore. https://t.co/BjsJ5S32EJ— Cincy Jungle (@CincyJungle) March 12, 2018
Ravens re-signed OL James Hurst
The #Ravens re-signed versatile OL James Hurst to a four-year deal worth $17.5M, source said. He gets $8M guaranteed. Solidifying their OL.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 12, 2018
The Ravens also cut Danny Woodhead after one -- not great -- season with the team.
- WR Jarvis Landry to the Browns (from Dolphins)
- QB Tyrod Taylor to the Browns (from Bills)
- CB Damarious Randall to the Browns (and QB DeShone Kizer to the Packers)
- Browns DT Danny Shelton to the New England Patriots.
The Browns are signing former Steelers tackle Chris Hubbard to a five-year deal.
The #Browns are expected to sign OT Chris Hubbard to a 5-year deal worth $37.5M with nearly $18M guaranteed, source said. More help up front for Cleveland.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2018
Other free agency rumors:
Pretty much everyone is interested in the best free agent left tackle on the market, Nate Solder.
Texans are making a strong run at LT Nate Solder. They’re desperate for a new LT. They started 5 LTs last season.— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) March 12, 2018
Lots of teams looking for tackle help, and trades could be an option. Bills are open to dealing LT Cordy Glenn, and Dolphins are looking to move RT Ju'Wuan James, per sources. In addition, Patriots LT Nate Solder's market's hot.— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) March 12, 2018
Another lineman is expected to be off-the-market quickly:
The #Texans are the favorites to sign former #Chiefs OL Zach Fulton to a multi-year deal worth more than $7M per year, source said. He should play center for them. Other teams are in the mix, but Houston is the likely landing spot.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 12, 2018
One almost free agent tight end won’t hit the market in Cameron Brate:
The #Bucs have re-signed tight end Cameron Brate to a six-year, $41 million deal that includes $18M in guarantees, source said.— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 12, 2018
Even backup tight ends are about to make bank. So, consider what’s going to happen to Tyler Eifert.
I expected there to be a robust market for Eagles TE Trey Burton and it sounds like there is. About a half dozen serious suitors, sources say. One I've heard consistently for over a week now: Detroit Lions.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 12, 2018
- Chiefs cut Tamba Hali
- Dolphins cut Lawrence Timmons
- Giants cut Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
- Rams cut RB Lance Dunbar
- Seahawks cut DB Richard Sherman
- Seahawks cut DB Jeremy Lane
- Patriots cut WR Bernard Reedy
- Panthers cut DB Teddy Williams
- Cowboys cut DE Benson Mayowa
- Cowboys cut DT Joe Vellano
- Patriots cut TE Martellus Bennett
March 13 updates
- The Bills are re-signing veteran DT Kyle Williams to a one-year deal.
- Kirk Cousins is signing with the Vikings on a three-year, fully guaranteed contract.
- The Lions are signing linebacker Devon Kennard to a three-year deal.
- The Bears are signing kicker Cody Parkey.
- The Browns tendered Josh Gordon as an ERFA.
- The Jets are expected to go after Teddy Bridgewater and Josh McCown.
- The Bears are signing tight end Trey Burton to a four-year, $32 million deal. This could impact the coming Eifert signing, which there’s been strangely little buzz about.
- Haloti Ngata is signing a one-year deal with the Eagles.
- The 49ers are expected to sign former Giants OL Weston Richburg to a five-year deal.
- Washington signed kicker Dustin Hopkins to a three-year, $6.875 million deal.
- The Chiefs are signing former Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens.
- Danny Woodhead was cut by the Ravens as a cap casualty.
- The Dolphins plan to sign former Chiefs WR Albert Wilson to a three-year, $24 million deal.
- Lions re-signed safety Tavon Wilson to a two-year, $7 million contract.
- The Saints finally re-signed Drew Brees to a two-year, $50 million deal.
- Star Lotulelei will sign a five-year deal with the Bills.
- The Chiefs are going to sign Sammy Watkins.
- Former Giants cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will visit Washington and the Saints.
- The Bears will be signing former Jaguars WR Allen Robinson.
- Case Keenum is signing with the Broncos, knocking them out of the McCarron race.
- Guard Andrew Norwell will sign with the Jaguars after rumors of him going to the Giants being a “done deal”.
Meanwhile, on McCarron watch....
So…— Rebecca Toback (@Rebecca_Toback) March 13, 2018
Sam Bradford > Arizona
Kirk Cousins > Minnesota
Case Keenum > Denver
Teddy Bridgewater > NY Jets (maybe)
Does anyone want AJ McCarron? Not yet...
Major news: The Packers are cutting Jordy Nelson after signing Jimmy Graham.
Packers are releasing WR Jordy Nelson, per source.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 13, 2018
And another tight end is off the market as Derek Carrier is signing with the Raiders.