It’s been a bit more active start to free agency for the Cincinnati Bengals than we’ve become recently accustomed to. They’ve had a few personnel losses, but they’ve brought in some much-needed help from both inside and outside of the organization.
The most recent episode of The Orange and Black Insider was jam-packed with news and our opinions after the first official day of free agency closed. Just how much have the Bengals improved their roster by retaining Tyler Eifert and Kevin Huber, while also adding Cordy Glenn and Chris Baker?
On this week’s show, Scott Schulze and I spoke on those and a number of other topics, including the following:
- What are the positives and risks associated with Cordy Glenn?
- Even though Eifert wasn’t signed when we had recorded the episode, we talked about the team using more two-tight end sets in 2018. This could especially be effective, given the growth shown by Tyler Kroft last year.
- What’s the deal with that wacky Vontaze Burfict rumor? Even though it’s seeming unlikely he’ll be shipped to the Raiders, might there be a little bit of a message being sent with this possible move and the letting loose of Adam Jones?
- AJ McCarron is off to the Bills and we received a question about a polarizing backup option. Would Colin Kaepernick be a viable option, from a number of different standpoints, for the Bengals in 2018?
- The market seems to be very quiet for the services of Russell Bodine—and that includes the Bengals.
Thanks for those of you who tuned in live and submitted questions!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, as well as on our SoundCloud and YouTube channels, and on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!