It’s been a more active March than usual for the Cincinnati Bengals, and we’re trying to digest all of the moves. Even though many of the moves seem to have improved the club, there are still major questions going forward.
On this week’s episode of The Orange and Black Insider, we talked about the state of this new-look team and what may be ahead over the next few weeks. Have their free agency acquisitions opened up their draft plans?
That area and these areas were discussed this week:
- What kind of impact does the Preston Brown signing have on the defensive unit? Will he see more snaps than Kevin Minter did in 2017?
- Does Russell Bodine’s departure signal more “addition by subtraction” this year?
- What should be the plan going forward with Vontaze Burfict, in light of his recent suspension?
- Is Matt Barkley just as viable of a backup quarterback option as AJ McCarron was for this team?
- Should we expect the Bengals to make another veteran free agency signing or two before the draft? They don’t like to enter April with many roster holes and they continued to make moves when many believed they couldn’t afford it.
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, as well as on our SoundCloud and YouTube channels, and on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at email@example.com. Thanks for listening!