The NFL calendar is set to turn the page on a new year, as free agency begins next week. Cincinnati got a bit of a head start on the festivities, as evidenced by their signing of veteran defensive tackle, Chris Baker on Wednesday, but will they continue to be active?
The Orange and Black Insider podcast has had a busy couple of weeks. After hosting SB Nation’s Rebecca Toback last week, we brought in The Athletic’s, Joe Goodberry.
For those who know and follow Joe, his expertise is in the NFL Draft, so we had plenty to talk about after the results of the NFL Combine. There were a number of participants in Indianapolis, as the Bengals kept their eyes on a number of promising prospects.
These were some of the topics discussed and questions asked on this week’s episode:
- Just how far did Orlando Brown drop after his dismal NFL Combine workout?
- Did Shaquem Griffin make a case for himself to become a multi-down defender in the NFL?
- Which quarterback of “The Big Five” stand out the most this year?
- If the Bengals take a look at Will Hernandez, can he play the right guard spot?
- Does the signing of veteran defensive tackle Chris Baker put a defensive tackle out of play with the No. 12 pick?
- Should we expect the Bengals to continue to be more active in free agency this offseason?
- The Brown family negotiated quite the deal with Hamilton County when Paul Brown Stadium was built. Should wins be a part of their payment plan?
Join us live every episode here at Cincy Jungle, or on YouTube. The latter provides an opportunity to talk with other Bengals fans and submit questions to be answered live on the air, so we hope to see you there!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, as well as on our SoundCloud and YouTube channels, and on iTunes! You can tweet us@BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!