We’re a week away from one of the NFL’s biggest annual events and everyone in Who Dey Nation is wondering what the Bengals will do to improve their football team. They have a glut of picks and still have some major roster holes even after being more active than usual in free agency.
On this week’s Orange and Black Insider, we brought on John Sheeran of SB Nation/Cincy Jungle. We leaned on him for his in-depth film analysis—both for current players on the roster, as well as incoming rookies we could see land in stripes. We also had some very interesting listener questions that John, Scott and I all answered on air.
We had a boatload on tap Wednesday night and here are some of the major topics that came up during the program:
- Who does the film point to as the best in-house option at right tackle this year?
- Are Christian Westerman, Alex Redmond or Trey Hopkins up to the task of taking over at right guard? Can any of these three play right tackle?
- Should we expect a big jump in year three from defensive tackle Andrew Billings?
- Who are some of Sheeran’s favorite 2018 prospects in this year’s draft class?
- Who would Sheeran love to see the Bengals take at No. 21 and whose name would he absolutely hate to hear?
- Is Johnny Manziel a viable backup quarterback option for the Bengals, as he is on a path to rehabilitating himself and his career?
Thanks to those of you who tuned in live and submitted your questions! If you missed the live recording of this episode, you can join us every time here at Cincy Jungle or on YouTube.
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, as well as on our SoundCloud and YouTube channels, and on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at email@example.com. Thanks for listening!