It’s finally here—the 2018 NFL Draft kicks off this weekend and the Cincinnati Bengals still have a lot of work to do, if they want to emulate their successful clubs from 2011-2015. They have 11 picks over the next three days, so they should be able to get some immediate contributors.
On this week’s program, Anthony Cosenza and Scott Schulze were joined by ESPN Cincinnati’s James Rapien, who talked about the latest draft news with the club and the multitude of rumors swirling. Might the team go a different positional direction than expected in the early rounds?
Among the topics on the table for discussion this week were:
- The best center options for Cincinnati in the top rounds.
- Could troubled receiver Antonio Callaway end up with the Bengals after this weekend?
- Is UCLA’s Josh Rosen the best quarterback in the 2018 class?
- If a prospect like Derwin James or Roquan Smith fall to the late-teens, should Cincinnati contemplate moving up to get them?
- Is taking a center in the first round worth the investment and does it hold value with a deep class this year?
- How much sway will Frank Pollack have in the war room?
- Who does James, Scott and Anthony have the Bengals taking early this weekend?
We also took your questions on the air once again, so keep firing them at us this weekend and for future shows on Twitter @BengalsOBI, or by joining us in the live YouTube chat each episode!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, as well as on our SoundCloud and YouTube channels, and on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!