We’re creeping closer to the dog days of summer and training camp is on the horizon. The Cincinnati Bengals are finishing up their second week of OTAs and a number of headlines are taking shape.
Scott Schulze joined me to talk about those headlines and a myriad of other topics this week. Here’s what he and I discussed on this week’s OBI episode:
- Dre Kirkpatrick joined Carlos Dunlap as a no-show to Bengals OTAs on Tuesday. While Kirkpatrick had a family emergency (a totally reasonable excuse), two defensive leaders were missing from the field.
- Bobby Hart wants to start for the Bengals this year. Does he have an actual shot to do so?
- In a recent interview with Rebecca Toback of Cincy Jungle, rookie defensive tackle Andrew Brown has a story that makes you want to pull for him. What will his niche be in 2018?
- There’s a lot to dissect in the NFL’s recent “kneeling issue” and subsequent national anthem rules. Scott and I weigh in on the subject.
- The Bengals have an open starting spot at right guard. Is Richie Incognito the answer on a veteran rental deal?
We also had a question of the night regarding the Bengals’ logo, and if our Twitter poll was any indication, the “tiger head” seems to be the favorite. Is it yours?
Our thanks to our live listeners and to those who submitted questions!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, as well as on our SoundCloud and YouTube channels, and on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels!