It’s been a busy week for the Cincinnati Bengals, as well as for all of us here at Cincy Jungle and at The Orange and Black Insider. Aside from the Week 1 kickoff nearing, the Bengals also decided to announce big contracts to two of their best players on Tuesday.
Aside from our normal gathering of listener questions, we discussed these topics on the program this week:
- Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap signed mega-extensions to remain Bengals. Were their respective contracts “Lifetime Achievement Deals”, or should we expect them to be productive throughout most of the contracts?
- The stigma about the Bengals and owner Mike Brown is that they are “cheap”. With $110 million being doled out to two players in one day, does that break the stereotype?
- Was the performance by the Bengals against the Bills a sign of things to come in 2018, or simply more evidence of a Jekyll-and-Hyde nature?
- What are some of the position groups to watch in the preseason finale vs. the Colts?
- Who are some players that could surprise, in terms of making or not making the final roster?
Our thanks to all of our live listeners and to those who submitted questions to be answered. Join us next episode to have yours answered on the air!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, as well as on our SoundCloud, Stitcher, through the Google Play app and YouTube channels, as well as on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels!