As of the creation of the Cincinnati Bengal’s 53-man roster on Saturday afternoon, linebacker Vontaze Burfict is now officially on the Reserve/Suspended by the Commissioner list.
What does that mean?
Here’s a list of things Burfict cannot do before the Monday heading into Week 5 of the NFL season, while suspended.
Suspension List Rules:
- Cannot attend or watch practice.
- Cannot be present at Paul Brown Stadium. (This is why Burfict is not in the Bengals’ 2018 team photo.)
- Cannot have any contact with Bengals personnel or Bengals teammates.
- Cannot exchange game plans, playbooks, plays or videos on any electronic device relating to the Bengals.
- Cannot engage in football-related activities, workouts or discussions with teammates, even off-site.
- Cannot attend NFL games, even as spectator, including road games.
- Cannot attend news conferences of any kind relating to the Bengals or NFL.
Burfict can workout on his own, which he’ll hopefully be doing to stay in game-shape and be ready for action upon his return. That’s especially important because he didn’t play in the preseason at all and actually injured himself prior to the start of training camp as well as during training camp. So, he’ll need to get healthy and ready for Week 5 without the help of the Bengals.
When Burfict returns in Week 5, the Bengals will need to waive a player to make room.