The Bengals will take on the division-leading Ravens this week in Baltimore.
The Ravens came away with a close win against the Steelers last week to get back over .500. Cincinnati almost had some late magic against the Cardinals, but the results were the same as the team’s previous four games.
The Bengals did some good things early in their game last week. Joe Mixon almost had 60 yards rushing after the first drive, but red zone struggles continue to hold this team back. Fans will be hoping we see more of that late offense and less of the offense that completely stalled out after the first drive.
The Ravens started off the season on fire playing the Dolphins and Cardinals, but they landed back down to reality with losses to the Chiefs and Browns. They’re looking to extend their lead in the AFC North after the Browns lost on Monday Night Football. If they’re able to it will probably be led by quarterback Lamar Jackson who has looked like the first-round pick he was projected to be two years ago.
Can the Bengals slow down the Ravens offense?
Game: Cincinnati Bengals (0-5) at Baltimore Ravens (3-2)
Date/Time: Oct. 13th, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. EST
Location: M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore Maryland
Series Leader: The series is tied at 23-23
Streak: The Bengals have won three of the past five meetings
Coaches vs. Opponent: Zac Taylor: 0-0. John Harbaugh (10-12)
TV Broadcast: The game will air on CBS-TV. In the Bengals’ home region, it will be carried by WKRC-TV (Ch. 12) in Cincinnati, WHIO-TV (Ch. 7) in Dayton and on WKYT-TV (Ch. 27) in Lexington. Broadcasters are Kevin Harlan (play-by-play), Rich Gannon (analyst) and Jay Feely (sideline reporter).
Radio Broadcast: The game will air on the Bengals Radio Network, led by Cincinnati flagship stations WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (ESPN 1530; all sports) and WEBN-FM (102.7). Broadcasters are Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Dave Lapham (analyst).
SB Nation Raven’ site: Baltimore Beatdown
Weather: Mid 60’s, partly cloudy [NFL weather]
Odds: Bengals, +8.5 [Odds Shark]
- Quarterback Andy Dalton completed 27 of his 38 passes (71.1 percent) for 262 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions for a season-high 107.6 passer rating last week. He has nine touchdowns and no interceptions in his past games against the Ravens. He has 3,786 passing yards against Baltimore, which is his most against any opponent.
- Running back Joe Mixon had a season-high 109 yards from scrimmage (93 rushing and 16 receiving) last week. He had a rushing touchdown in his last meeting with Baltimore. He has at least 75 scrimmage yards in three of his past four against the AFC North.
- Wide receiver Tyler Boyd led the team with 10 catches for 123 yards and a touchdown last week, his fifth career 100-yard game. He has at least five catches, 90 receiving yards and a touchdown in two of past three games against the Ravens. He is one of two receivers (Michael Thomas) with multiple 10-catch, 100-yard games this season. Wide receiver Auden Tate had his first-career touchdown catch last week. He aims for his fourth in a row with at least three catches.
- Defensive tackle Geno Atkins has three sacks in his past two games against Baltimore. Defensive end Carlos Dunlap had four tackles and a tackle for a loss in Week 5. He has a sack and pass defended in two of his past three games at Baltimore. Defensive end Sam Hubbard recorded his ninth career sack in Week 5. He aims for his third in a row against the Ravens. with a sack and five tackles. Linebacker Nick Vigil had a team-high 13 tackles last week. He has 28 tackles (14 per game) in his past two games against the AFC North. Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick had eight tackles and two passes defended in Week 5. He has a pass defended in eight of his past nine against Baltimore.
- Quarterback Lamar Jackson passed for 161 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 70 yards last week. He tied Robert Griffin III (21 games) as quarterbacks to reach 1,000 career rushing yards the fastest. He had 119 rush yards in his last meeting against the Bengals. He aims for his third in a row at home with at least two passing touchdowns.
- Running back Mark Ingram had a rushing touchdown last week. He had 162 scrimmage yards (104 rushing and 58 receiving) and a touchdown catch in his last game against the Bengals. (11/11/18 with the Saints). He has a touchdown in three of his past four games against the AFC North.
- Wide receiver Willie Snead had 51 receiving yards in Week 5. He aims for his third in a row against Cincinnati with at least five catches and 50 receiving yards. Rookie wide receiver Marquise Brown had a touchdown catch last week. He leads all rookies in catches (21) and receiving yards (326) and ties for the lead in receiving touchdowns (three). Tight end Mark Andrews had five catches for 45 yards in Week 5. He aims for his third in a row at home with a touchdown catch
- Cornerback Marlon Humphrey had a forced fumble and fumble recovery in overtime last week to set up the game-winning field goal. He aims for his seventh in a row at home with a pass defended. Cornerback Brandon Carr aims for his seventh in a row against the Bengals with a pass defended. Cornerback Maurice Canady had a forced fumble and team-high seven tackles in Week 5. Safety Earl Thomas had an interception in his last game against Cincinnati (10/11/15 with Seattle). Linebacker Josh Bynes had an interception in his season debut last week. Linebacker Pernell McPhee had a sack in Week 5.
Bengals vs Ravens history
|11/18/2018||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|09/13/2018||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|12/31/2017||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|09/10/2017||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|01/01/2017||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/27/2016||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|01/03/2016||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|09/27/2015||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|10/26/2014||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|09/07/2014||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|12/29/2013||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/10/2013||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L/OT|
|12/30/2012||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|09/10/2012||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|01/01/2012||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|11/20/2011||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|01/02/2011||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|09/19/2010||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/08/2009||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|10/11/2009||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|11/30/2008||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|09/07/2008||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|11/11/2007||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|09/10/2007||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/30/2006||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/05/2006||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|11/27/2005||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/06/2005||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|12/05/2004||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|09/26/2004||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|12/07/2003||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|10/19/2003||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|12/01/2002||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|11/10/2002||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|12/23/2001||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|09/23/2001||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/05/2000||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|09/24/2000||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|12/26/1999||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|11/21/1999||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|11/22/1998||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|09/27/1998||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|12/21/1997||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|09/07/1997||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|12/08/1996||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/03/1996||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|