This week the experts will shock fans with their optimism, and the Bengals are favorites going into the game on Sunday?
We can hope this is a sign that Cincinnati could do some fun things on Sunday, but it is understandable that some fans aren’t going to hold their breath expecting a Bengals’ win.
The Bengals are currently three-point favorites against the Cardinals, according to Bovada. This isn’t necessarily surprising given Arizona hasn’t been very good, and Cincinnati is playing at home. I wouldn’t get too excited though as this could be the last time for a little bit that the Bengals are not only considered favorites, but that the spread is this close. Cincinnati needs to start winning games before that can be avoided. Their upcoming schedule after the Cardinals will make that hard though.
- Cincinnati is 6-2 against the spread in their last eight games.
- The total has gone under in four of Cincinnati’s last five games.
- Cincinnati is 0-6 straight up in their last six games.
- Cincinnati is 1-6 against the spread in their last seven games at home.
- Cincinnati is 6-1 straight up in their last seven games when playing at home against Arizona.
- The total has gone over in five of Cincinnati’s last six games against an opponent in the NFC conference.
- Cincinnati is 4-1 against the spread in their last five games against an opponent in the NFC West division.
- The total has gone under in five of Cincinnati’s last seven games played in week 5.
- Cincinnati is 0-5 straight up in their last five games played on a Sunday.
- Arizona is 0-7-1 straight up in their last eight games.
- Arizona is 1-6 straight up in their last seven games on the road.
- Arizona is 1-6 straight up in their last seven games when playing on the road against Cincinnati.
- Arizona is 2-5 against the spread in their last seven games against an opponent in the AFC North division.
- The total has gone over in four of Arizona’s last six games played in October.
- The total has gone over in four of Arizona’s last five games played in week 5.
- Fox Sports is predicting a 26.4 to 22.5 point loss for the Bengals
- Seven of ESPN’s 10 experts are going with Cincinnati over Arizona
- CBS Sports has six of their eight experts taking the Bengals in a home stand
- Only three of SB Nation’s eight experts took Cincinnati (even BMO the good dog chose Arizona)
- NFL Pick Watch, which takes into account picks from experts across the web, has the Bengals receiving 62 percent of the total picks.
I get Cincinnati is at home, but it is still surprising to see this much confidence in the Bengals from the experts this week. Hopefully this is a sign that w can finally see Zac Taylor’s first win as a head coach.
It is extra shocking considering the Bengals just looked lost against a very bad Steelers team on Monday Night Football. Maybe experts just used Cincinnati playing at home as a tiebreaker in a game with two bad teams, or maybe they see something more.