Unless the Bengals start showing significant improvement, they’re going to be underdogs in most, if not all of their remaining games.
Unfortunately, it’s more likely the team continues to regress instead of getting better if Sunday is any indicator. The team hosted the Ravens in a rematch for a Week 6 matchup that saw the Bengals actually play very competitively in a 23-17 loss in Baltimore.
As we saw Sunday, the Ravens have improved dramatically since then, while the Bengals have continued to regress, which resulted in a 49-13 debacle in Paul Brown Stadium.
That also has oddsmakers viewing the bengals as heavy underdogs when they face the Raiders in Oakland in Week 11. The early spreads have 5-4 Oakland favored by 10 points at home.
And frankly, the Raiders are better than their record when you realize three of their losses are to teams currently leading their divisions, and the other was on the road to a Vikings team that’s 7-3 and just won at Dallas.
So yeah, the Raiders are legit, and the Bengals have a lot to figure out this week if they’re going to have any hope of winning in Oakland.
Here are a look at all of the early odds and over/unders for Week 11:
- Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns (-2.5, 40.5)
- Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens (-4.5, 50.5)
- Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins (+6.5, 39)
- New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+5, 51.5)
- Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers (-6.5, 51)
- Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts (-3, 44)
- New York Jets @ Washington (-1, 37.5)
- Arizona Cardinals @ 49ers (-13.5, 45.5)
- New England Patriots @ Philadelphia Eagles (+4, 46)
- Cincinnati Bengals @ Oakland Raiders (-10, 48.5)
- Chicago Bears @ Los Angeles Rams (-6.5, 41)
- Kansas City Chiefs @ Los Angeles Chargers (+3.5, 53)