The Bengals are on the road this week to face the Raiders in Oakland.
The Raiders have been a weird team so far this season. They have won four of their last six games to really place themselves into the battle with the Chiefs for the AFC West. Their offense hasn’t really done anything too special as most of their stats are very middle of the road, but rookie running back Josh Jacobs has been excellent in his first season.
Meanwhile, the Bengals are hoping rookie quarterback Ryan Finley can get something going against one of the worst ranked defenses in football. They also will have to hope that Joe Mixon can maintain the momentum he created last week with his first 100 yard rushing game.
Everything you need to know for when the Bengals take on the Raiders:
Game: Cincinnati Bengals (0-9) at Oakland Raiders (5-4)
Date/Time: Nov. 17th, 2019 at 4:25 p.m. EST
Location: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
Series Leader: The Raiders lead the series at 20-11
Streak: The Bengals have won four of the past five meetings
Coaches vs. Opponent: Zac Taylor: (0-0). Jon Gruden (3-1)
TV Broadcast: The game will air on CBS-TV. In the Bengals’ home region, it will be carried by WKRC-TV (Ch. 12) in Cincinnati, WHIO-TV (Ch. 7) in Dayton and on WKYT-TV (Ch. 27) in Lexington. Broadcasters are Greg Gumbel (play-by-play), Trent Green (analyst) and Melanie Collins (sideline reporter).
Radio Broadcast: The game will air on the Bengals Radio Network, led by Cincinnati flagship stations WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (ESPN 1530; all sports) and WEBN-FM (102.7). Broadcasters are Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Dave Lapham (analyst).
SB Nation Raiders’ site: Silver and Black Pride
Weather: Low 70’s, partly cloudy [NFL weather]
Odds: Bengals, +8 [Odds Shark]
- Quarterback Ryan Finley (rookie) passed for 167 yards with a touchdown and interception. He also rushed for 22 yards in his first-career start last week.
- Running back Joe Mixon had a season-high 151 scrimmage yards (114 rushing and 37 receiving) last week. He is the only AFC running back with a game of at least 150 scrimmage yards in each of past three seasons. He has a touchdown catch in two of his past three games. He rushed for 129 yards and two touchdowns in his last meeting.
- Wide receiver Tyler Boyd led the team with six catches for 62 yards last week. He aims for his fourth in a row with at least five catches. He had a touchdown catch in the last meeting. Wide receiver Auden Tate aims for his third in a row on the road with at least five catches and 65 receiving yards. Tight end Tyler Eifert caught his second touchdown of the season in Week 10. He had nine catches for a career-high 104 yards and two touchdowns in his last road meeting with the Raiders.
- Defensive tackle Geno Atkins had a career-high three sacks in the last meeting with Oakland. He aims for his fourth in a row vs. the Raiders with sack. Since entering league in 2010, Atkins (74) and Carlos Dunlap (73.5) are the only pair of teammates with at least 70 sacks each. Defensive end Sam Hubbard had two sacks and a forced fumble in the last meeting. He has a sack in two of his past three vs. the AFC West. Safety Jessie Bates had a team-high eight tackles and his first interception of the season last week.
- Quarterback Derek Carr completed 21 of 31 passes (67.7 percent) for 218 yards and a touchdown for 98.6 passer rating last week. He aims for his eighth in a row with a passer rating of at least 95. He passed for 263 yards and a touchdown in the last meeting.
- Running back Josh Jacobs (rookie) had 101 scrimmage yards (71 rushing and a career-high 30 receiving) and a rushing touchdown last week. He aims for his third in a row with at least 100 scrimmage yards and a rushing touchdown. He has 576 scrimmage yards (115.2 per game) and seven touchdowns in five career home games.
- Tight end Darren Waller had 40 receiving yards last week. He ranks third among tight ends in catches (51) and receiving yards (588). Rookie Wide receiver Hunter Renfrow had four catches for 42 yards in Week 10. He has a receiving touchdown in two of his past three games. Wide receiver Tyrell Williams has a touchdown catch in five of his seven games in 2019. Tight end Foster Moreau leads rookie tight ends with three receiving touchdowns. Jacobs (seven), Moreau (three) and Renfrow (two) are only trio of rookie teammates each with at least two touchdowns in 2019.
- Safety Erik Harris had a career-high two interceptions last week, including a 56-yard interception for a touchdown. He aims for his fourth in a row with a pass defended. He had two passes defended and an interception in his last meeting. Rookie defensive end Clelin Ferrell had a career-high 2.5 sacks and a pass defended in Week 10, most sacks by rookie in single game in franchise history since 1983 (Greg Townsend). Defensive end Benson Mayowa had 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble last week. He has six sacks and three forced fumbles in five home games this season.
Bengals history against the Raiders
|12/16/2018||Oakland Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|09/13/2015||Cincinnati Bengals||Oakland Raiders||W|
|11/25/2012||Oakland Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/22/2009||Cincinnati Bengals||Oakland Raiders||L|
|12/10/2006||Oakland Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|09/14/2003||Cincinnati Bengals||Oakland Raiders||L|
|10/25/1998||Cincinnati Bengals||Oakland Raiders||L|
|11/05/1995||Oakland Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|11/28/1993||Los Angeles Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|09/13/1992||Los Angeles Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||W/OT|
|11/24/1991||Los Angeles Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|01/13/1991 *||Cincinnati Bengals||Los Angeles Raiders||L|
|12/16/1990||Cincinnati Bengals||Los Angeles Raiders||L|
|11/05/1989||Cincinnati Bengals||Los Angeles Raiders||L|
|10/02/1988||Cincinnati Bengals||Los Angeles Raiders||W|
|11/17/1985||Cincinnati Bengals||Los Angeles Raiders||L|
|09/04/1983||Los Angeles Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|11/28/1982||Los Angeles Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/09/1980||Cincinnati Bengals||Oakland Raiders||L|
|11/13/1978||Oakland Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|12/06/1976||Cincinnati Bengals||Oakland Raiders||L|
|12/28/1975 *||Cincinnati Bengals||Oakland Raiders||L|
|10/19/1975||Oakland Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|10/20/1974||Cincinnati Bengals||Oakland Raiders||L|
|11/12/1972||Oakland Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|10/24/1971||Cincinnati Bengals||Oakland Raiders||L|
|09/20/1970||Oakland Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|12/07/1969||Cincinnati Bengals||Oakland Raiders||L|
|11/02/1969||Oakland Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/24/1968||Oakland Raiders||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|10/27/1968||Cincinnati Bengals||Oakland Raiders||L|