Even with Dalton returning, this is a Bengals offense that has struggled most of the season when without A.J. Green, and until Green gets back on the field, we shouldn’t expect any wild changes from what the Bengals have been able to accomplish this season.
The game may end up being a close one if Cincinnati is able to keep the Jets under 20 points like they have been able to do the past two games. Of course, the Jets are coming off their best performance of the year against the Raiders. If New York is able to replicate that, it could be another long one for the Bengals.
Everything you need to know for when the Bengals host the Jets:
Game: Cincinnati Bengals (0-11) vs. New York Jets (4-7)
Date/Time: Dec. 1st, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. EST
Location: Paul Brown Stadium Cincinnati, Ohio
Series Leader: The Jets lead the series at 17-9
Streak: The Bengals have won the last two meetings, but the Jets have won four of the past six
Coaches vs. Opponent: Zac Taylor: (0-0). Adam Gase (-)
Television: The game will air on CBS-TV. In Cincinnati, it will be carried by WKRC-TV (Ch. 12). Broadcasters are Spero Dedes (play-by-play) and Adam Archuleta (analyst).
Radio: The game will air on the Bengals Radio Network, led by Cincinnati flagship stations WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (ESPN 1530; all sports) and WEBN-FM (102.7). Broadcasters are Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Dave Lapham (analyst).
SB Nation Jets’ site: Gang Green Nation
Odds: Bengals, +3.5 [Odds Shark]
- Quarterback Andy Dalton makes his first start since Week 8. He has 691 pass yards (345.5 per game) with six touchdowns and two interceptions for a 127.8 passer rating in two career starts against the Jets.
- Running back Joe Mixon had 79 rushing yards last week. He aims for his fifth in a row with 75 yards from scrimmage.
- Wide receiver Tyler Boyd had five catches for 101 yards and a touchdown last week. He has at least 100 receiving yards in three of his past five games at home. He is one of four AFC wide receivers with 60 catches in each of past two seasons.
- Defensive tackle Geno Atkins leads the team with 4.5 sacks in 2019. He aims for his third in a row against the Jets with a sack. He needs a tackle for a loss to become the 10th active player with at least 100 career tackles for a loss and 75 (75.5) career sacks. Defensive end Carlos Dunlap had six tackles, a pass deflection and his 75th-career sack last week. Defensive end Same Hubbard had a sack and pass deflection in Week 12. Andrew Billings had a sack last week. Shawn Williams had his first interception of the season last week. He aims for his third in a row at home with a pass deflection. Rookie linebacker Germaine Pratt had a team-high eight tackles in Week 12.
- Quarterback Sam Darnold completed 20 of 29 passes (69 percent) for 315 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions for a season-high 127.8 passer rating last week. He aims for his third in a row with at least two touchdowns and a passer rating of at least 120.
- Running back Le’Veon Bell had 108 scrimmage yards (59 receiving and 49 rushing) last week, his 44th career game with at least 100 yards from scrimmage, tied for second-most since entering league in 2013. He has 1,005 scrimmage yards (143.6 per game) and five touchdowns in seven career games against the Bengals.
- Wide receiver Robby Anderson had four catches for a team-high 86 yards and a touchdown last week. He aims for his third in a row with a receiving touchdown. Wide receiver Jamison Crowder aims for his third in a row on road with 75 receiving yards and a touchdown catch. Had nine catches for 107 yards and a touchdown in his only career game against the Bengals (10/30/16 with Washington). Tight end Ryan Griffin aims for his third in a row with a touchdown catch. He ranks third among AFC tight ends with five receiving touchdowns in 2019
- Safety Jamal Adams has 6.5 sacks, five tackles for a loss, two forced fumbles and a pass deflection in his past four games. He aims for his third in a row on the road with a sack. He leads all defensive backs with 6.5 sacks in 2019. Cornerback Brian Poole had his first interception of the season last week.
Bengals history against Jets
|09/11/2016||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||W|
|10/27/2013||New York Jets||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/25/2010||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||L|
|01/09/2010 *||New York Jets||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|01/03/2010||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||L|
|10/12/2008||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||L|
|10/21/2007||New York Jets||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|09/12/2004||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||L|
|12/16/2001||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||L|
|09/28/1997||New York Jets||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|11/21/1993||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||L|
|11/15/1992||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||L|
|09/09/1990||New York Jets||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|10/09/1988||New York Jets||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/29/1987||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||L|
|12/21/1986||New York Jets||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|10/06/1985||New York Jets||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|09/16/1984||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||L|
|01/09/1983 *||New York Jets||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|09/13/1981||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||W|
|12/12/1976||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||W|
|11/18/1973||New York Jets||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|12/19/1971||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||L|
|11/23/1969||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||L|
|10/12/1969||New York Jets||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|12/08/1968||Cincinnati Bengals||New York Jets||L|