This is the first game of a very new era of Bengals’ football. The team added Zac Taylor as head coach during the offseason. Now he has benched Andy Dalton, who has started a vast majority of Cincinnati’s games since 2011.
Regardless of your opinion of the move, the Bengals will be relying on rookie quarterback Ryan Finley to supply them with the first win of 2019. Luckily, he looks like he will have the aid of A.J. Green, who has missed all of the regular season up to this point with an ankle injury.
The Bengals hardly register as a blip on the radar to the Ravens who just downed the undefeated Patriots last week. However, these two teams have a history of having close games regardless of record. If that is to continue, Cincinnati’s defense will have to do a better job of slowing down Lamar Jackson. The last time these teams met, the young quarterback made it look easy to move the ball.
Can the Bengals earn their first win of the season?
Everything you need to know for when the Bengals host the Ravens:
Date/Time: Nov. 10th, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. EST
Location: Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio
Series Leader: The Ravens lead the series at 24-23
Streak: The Ravens have won three of the past five meetings
Coaches vs. Opponent: Zac Taylor: 0-1. John Harbaugh (11-12)
TV Broadcast: The game will air on CBS-TV. In the Bengals’ home region, it will be carried by WKRC-TV (Ch. 12) in Cincinnati, WHIO-TV (Ch. 7) in Dayton and on WKYT-TV (Ch. 27) in Lexington. Broadcasters are Kevin Harlan (play-by-play), Rich Gannon (analyst) and Jay Feely (sideline reporter).
Radio Broadcast: The game will air on the Bengals Radio Network, led by Cincinnati flagship stations WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (ESPN 1530; all sports) and WEBN-FM (102.7). Broadcasters are Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Dave Lapham (analyst).
SB Nation Ravens’ site: Baltimore Beatdown
Weather: Mid 40’s, overcast [NFL weather]
Odds: Bengals, +10 [Odds Shark]
- Quarterback Ryan Finley will be making his first NFL start.
- Running back Joe Mixon had 77 yards from scrimmage (66 rushing and 11 receiving) and a touchdown catch in Week 8. He aims for his third in a row with a receiving touchdown. He had 84 rushing yards in his last home meeting against Baltimore.
- Wide receiver Tyler Boyd had six catches for 65 yards in Week 8. He has at least 10 catches and 120 receiving yards in two of his past three games at home. He had 91 receiving yards and a touchdown catch in his last home meeting. He aims for his fourth in a row at home against the AFC North with a receiving touchdown. Wide receiver Alex Erickson had six catches for a team-high 97 yards in Week 8. He aims for his fourth in a row with at least six catches. Wide receiver Auden Tate had 91 receiving yards in the Week 6 meeting. Tight end Tyler Eifert had six catches for a season-high 74 yards in Week 8
- Defensive lineman Geno Atkins has five sacks in his past four games at home. He had two sacks in the last home meeting with the Ravens. He has a sack in four of his past five games at home against Baltimore. Defensive end Carlos Dunlap had a tackle for a loss and a pass deflection in Week 8. He had three batted passes in the last home meeting. Since entering league in 2010, Atkins (74) and Dunlap (73.5) are the only pair of teammates with at least 70 sacks each. Defensive end Sam Hubbard has a sack in two of his past three games against Baltimore. Safety Jessie Bates had a team-high seven tackles and a pass defended in Week 8. He aims for his fourth in a row with at least seven tackles. He has a pass defended in two of his past three against the Ravens.
- Quarterback Lamar Jackson completed 17 of his 23 passes (73.9 percent) for 163 yards and a touchdown for a 107.7 passer rating last week. He also rushed for 61 yards and a season-high two touchdowns. He has 329 rush yards (109.7 per game) and four rushing touchdowns in his past three games. He rushed for a career-high 152 yards and a touchdown in the Week 6 meeting with the Bengals, fourth-most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game in NFL history, including playoffs. He leads all players with 6.43 yards per carry in 2019 (min. 50 attempts).
- Running back Mark Ingram had a season-high 144 scrimmage yards (season-high 115 rushing and 29 receiving) last week. He had a rushing touchdown the last time these two teams met in Week 6. He also had 162 scrimmage yards (104 rushing and 58 receiving) and a touchdown catch in his only career game at Cincinnati (11/11/18 with the Saints)
- Marquise Brown (rookie) had a team-high 48 receiving yards last week. He has three receiving touchdowns in three career road games. He is tied for third among AFC rookies with 374 receiving yards. Brown (three) and Miles Boykin (two) are only pair of rookie receiver teammates each with at least two touchdown catches in 2019. Tight end Nick Boyle had a season-high five catches and a receiving touchdowns last week. Tight end Mark Andrews had six catches for 99 yards in Week 6 meeting.
- Safety Earl Thomas had two passes deflected and an interceptions last week. He had an interception in his only career game at Cincinnati (10/11/15 with Seahawks). Cornerback Marcus Peters has an interception in two of past three games. He aims for his fourth in a row with a pass deflected. Cornerback Marlon Humphrey had a 70-yard fumble recovery for a touchdown last week. He aims for his third in a row with fumble recovery for a touchdown. He had an interception in the Week 6 meeting with the Bengals.
Bengals history against Ravens
|10/13/2019||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|11/18/2018||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|09/13/2018||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|12/31/2017||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|09/10/2017||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|2/31/2017||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|09/10/2017||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|01/01/2017||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/27/2016||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|01/03/2016||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|09/27/2015||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|10/26/2014||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|09/07/2014||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|12/29/2013||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/10/2013||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L/OT|
|12/30/2012||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|09/10/2012||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|01/01/2012||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|11/20/2011||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|01/02/2011||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|09/19/2010||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/08/2009||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|10/11/2009||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|11/30/2008||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|09/07/2008||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|11/11/2007||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|09/10/2007||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/30/2006||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/05/2006||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|11/27/2005||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/06/2005||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|12/05/2004||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|
|09/26/2004||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|12/07/2003||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|10/19/2003||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|12/01/2002||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|11/10/2002||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|12/23/2001||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|09/23/2001||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/05/2000||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|09/24/2000||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|12/26/1999||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|11/21/1999||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|11/22/1998||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||L|
|09/27/1998||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|12/21/1997||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|09/07/1997||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||L|
|12/08/1996||Baltimore Ravens||Cincinnati Bengals||W|
|11/03/1996||Cincinnati Bengals||Baltimore Ravens||W|