The first round of the draft is officially in the books, which means we continue to milk draft season for all it’s worth.
While most of their recent first-round picks haven’t produced like they should, second rounders have been good for the Bengals. Jessie Bates III, Joe Mixon, and Tyler Boyd have all become outstanding players, and each were taken in the second round. Hopefully Jonah Williams can reverse some of their misfortune in the first round.
With that in mind, the Bengals still have several holes in their squad that they have to fix. Should the Bengals go with a linebacker? Could the Bengals go with another offensive lineman? Will Zac Taylor focus on defense?
The first round came with plenty of surprises, with several first round-caliber players being left on the board on Friday. Will any of them fall to the Bengals?
Here is a mock of the second round, after the events of last night:
33. Arizona Cardinals - Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
34. Indianapolis Colts - D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
35. Oakland Raiders - Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
36. San Francisco 49ers - A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
37. Seattle Seahawks - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida
38. Jacksonville Jaguars - Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State
39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
40. Buffalo Bills - Eric McCoy, OL, Texas A&M
41. Denver Broncos - Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
42. Cincinnati Bengals - Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama
43. Detroit Lions - Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple
44. Green Bay Packers - Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
45. Los Angeles Rams - Dre’Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
46. Indianapolis Colts - Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
47. Carolina Panthers- Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma
48: Miami Dolphins - Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
49. Cleveland Browns - Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
50. Minnesota Vikings - Zach Allen, DT, Boston College
51. Tennessee Titans - Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
52. Denver Broncos - Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State
53. Philadelphia Eagles - Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama
54. Houston Texans – Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State
55. Houston Texans – Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State
56. New England Patriots – Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama
57. Philadelphia Eagles – Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
58. Dallas Cowboys – Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech
59. Indianapolis Colts – Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan
60. Los Angeles Chargers – Yodny Cajuste, OL, West Virginia
61. Kansas City Chiefs – Gerald Willis, DL, Miami
62. New Orleans Saints – Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M
63. Kansas City Chiefs – Dawson Knox, TE, Ole Miss
64. New England Patriots – Oshane Ximenes, EDGE, Old Dominion
It would be hard for the Bengals to screw this up, with so much talent left on the board. Let’s hope that they continue their streak of second round success.