The Bengals have already been pretty busy this offseason. Since they hired a new head coach in Zac Taylor, the team was allowed to start installing their playbook in a very limited capacity.
Cincinnati did just wrap up their rookie minicamp on May 11th which means the next step is OTAs on May 28th. While it isn’t a mandatory for players to attend, you have to imagine that attendance will be extremely high with a new head coach, offensive and defensive systems. Long-time veterans and new additions alike will be eager to learn their new system as well as impress the new coaches.
The biggest thing to talk about before OTAs kick off is who is actually going to be out on the field. The Bengals have made a few moves since rookie minicamp came to an end, so the 90-man roster is looking a little different.
Of course, NFL rosters are always a very fluid situation, even when they get cut down to the final 53-man roster.
Still, it is doubtful the Bengals will be making very many moves unless an injury prompts it until OTAs actually kick off.
Here are the moves the Bengals have made since rookie minicamp:
- WR Ventell Bryant (Tryout player)
- LB Noah Dawkins (Tryout player)
- LB Sterling Sheffield (Tryout Player)
- RB Darrin Hall (From Cleveland)
- LB Brandon Bell
- WR Charles Holland
- DL Adolphus Washington
- QB (4): Andy Dalton, Jeff Driskel, Jake Dolegala, Ryan Finley
- RB (7): Rodney Anderson, Giovani Bernard, Jordan Ellis, Quinton Flowers, Darrin Hall, Joe Mixon, Trayveon Williams
- WR (12): Tyler Boyd, Ventell Bryant, Cody Core, Alex Erickson, A.J. Green, Josh Malone, Stanley Morgan, John Ross, Hunter Sharp, Auden Tate, Kermit Whitfield, Damion Willis
- TE (8): Moritz Böhringer, Cethan Carter, Tyler Eifert, Jordan Franks, Drew Sample, Mason Schreck, C.J. Uzomah, Andrew Vollert
- OT (6): O’Shea Dugas, Cordy Glenn, Bobby Hart, Kent Perkins, Keaton Sutherland, Jonah Williams
- IOL (9): Clint Boling, Trey Hopkins, Michael Jordan, Brad Lundblade, John Miller, Billy Price, Alex Redmond, Rod Taylor, Christian Westerman
- EDGE (5): Carlos Dunlap, Sam Hubbard, Carl Lawson, Jordan Willis, Kerry Wynn
- IDL (8): Geno Atkins, Andrew Billings, Andrew Brown, Ryan Glasgow, Christian Ringo, Niles Scott, Josh Tupou, Renell Wren
- LB (11): Curtis Akins, Preston Brown, Deshaun Davis, Noah Dawkins, Jordan Evans, Malik Jefferson, Hardy Nickerson, Germaine Pratt, Sterling Sheffield, Nick Vigil, Chris Worley
- CB (10): Jordan Brown, Anthony Chesley, Darqueze Dennard, Davontae Harris, Dre Kirkpatrick, William Jackson, Tony McRae, Darius Phillips, KeiVarae Russell, B.W. Webb
- SAF (7): Jessie Bates, Demetrious Cox, Clayton Fejedelem, Trayvon Henderson, Tyree Kinnel, Shawn Williams, Brandon Wilson
- SPEC (4): Randy Bullock, Clark Harris, Kevin Huber, Tristan Vizcaino
*Note: Moritz Boehringer has once again been allocated to the Bengals as part of the league’s international pathway program, so he does not count against the 90-man roster.